荧屏中的情景口语 第353期:图书馆员 庆祝生日
日期:2014-12-01 16:10

(单词翻译:单击)

荧屏情景

第51周 祝贺

荧屏情景:

庆祝生日 片段选自《图书馆员:寻找命运之矛的探险》 The Librarian Quest for the Spear 14:07--15:05

Flynn: Hello? Mom? I got a message that you wanted me to stop by.
弗林:哈罗?妈妈?我接到消息说你要我来看你。
People: Surprise! Surprise!
大家:没想到吧!没想到吧!
Flynn: Oh, my God. I've died and gone to hell.
弗林:哦,天哪,我死了,入地狱了。
Mom: Oh. 32 years old. I don't believe it. My baby boy is all grown up.
妈妈:哦,32岁,简直不敢相信我的宝贝男孩都长大了。
Flynn: Mom, you know I hate these things.
弗林:妈妈,你知道,我讨厌这些东西。
Mom: What things? Birthdays? Nonsense. Who doesn't like birthdays?
妈妈:什么东西?生日?胡说。谁不喜欢过生日?
Flynn: Who are these people?
弗林:这些人是谁?
Mom: Oh, friends, relatives. The girls from my mahjong club. What? You keep your life so secret, I don't know who to invite. Oh, there's someone I want you to meet.
妈妈:哦,朋友,亲戚,还有来自我麻将俱乐部的美女们。什么?你的生活多秘密,我不知道要邀请谁。哦,那是我要你去见的人。
Flynn: No, Mom. I don't want...No more matchmaking.
弗林:不,妈妈,我不想……别再做媒了。
Mom: I know. I know. But this one's perfect. Perfect. Rose? Rose? Rose, Flynn. Flynn, Rose. I'm getting goose bumps just looking at the two of you.
妈妈:我知道,但这次很完美。罗丝?罗丝?罗丝,弗林,弗林,罗丝。我要起鸡皮疙瘩了,看看你们两个。
Rose: Hello, Flynn. Happy birthday.
罗丝:你好,弗林,生日快乐。
Flynn: Thank you. You're Rose Edwards.
弗林:谢谢,你是罗丝·爱德华兹。
Rose: Yes.
罗丝:是的。
Mom: Is she charming?
妈妈:她美吧?

注:如视频无法播放,请刷新

重点讲解

重点讲解:
1. stop by
顺便拜访;顺路探望;
eg. I'll stop by to see Leigh before going home.
我回家前将顺道去看望一下利。
eg. You should feel free to stop by for a cup of tea.
你随时都可以过来喝杯茶。
2. grown up
长大成人;
eg. The mother hung on to her sons long after they were grown up.
母亲在儿子长大成人很久以后还舍不得让他们离开。
eg. Now that you are grown up, you should not rely on your parents.
既然你长大了,就不应该依靠你的父母。
3. goose bumps
鸡皮疙瘩;
eg. She still got goose bumps whenever he walked into the room.
只要他一走进房间,她仍旧会起鸡皮疙瘩。
eg. Sure is. During the last scene I had goose bumps all over.
可不是。结尾的场面让我全身起鸡皮疙瘩。

分享到
重点单词
  • charmingadj. 迷人的
  • questn. 探索,寻求 v. 寻找,搜索
  • scenen. 场,景,情景
  • spearn. 矛(正负电子对撞机) vt 用矛刺