荧屏中的情景口语 第305期:傲慢与偏见 中途休息
日期:2014-09-19 16:02

(单词翻译:单击)

荧屏情景

第44周 度假

荧屏情景

星期四 中途休息 片段选自《傲慢与偏见》 Pride And Prejudice 01:20:26--01:21:18

Uncle: Oh, what are men compared to rocks and mountains?
姨父:噢,人岂可与山石同日而语。
Aunt: Or carriages that work?
姨妈:或者马车可以?
Elizabeth: Where exactly are we?
伊丽莎白:我们现在具体是在哪里?
Aunt: I think we are quite close to Pemberley.
姨妈:离彭伯里相当近。
Elizabeth: Mr. Darcy's home?
伊丽莎白:达西先生的家?
Uncle: That's the fellow. Very well-stocked lake. I've a hankering to see it.
姨父:就是他。真是一个富饶的湖区,我真的很想去看看。
Elizabeth: Oh, no, let's not. Well, he's so... I'd rather not, he's so...he's so...
伊丽莎白:噢,不要,我们不要去,他太……我不打算去,因为他太……他太……
Aunt: So what?
姨妈:他怎么了?
Elizabeth: So rich.
伊丽莎白:他太富有了。
Uncle: By heavens, Lizzie, what a snob you are! Objecting to Mr. Darcy because of his wealth. The poor man can't help it.
姨父:我的天,伊丽莎白,你还真是势利啊!因为达西先生富有就反感他,可怜的他一定很无奈。
Aunt: He won't be there anyway. These great men are never at home.
姨妈:他不会在那里的。这些人从来都不会呆在家里的。

注:如视频无法播放,请刷新

重点讲解

重点讲解:
1. compared to
与…相比;和…比起来;
eg. He's a mere slip of a lad compared to his brother.
跟他哥哥一比,他不过是个小毛孩。
eg. The cost was peanuts compared to a new kitchen.
与建新厨房相比,那笔费用微不足道。
2. a hankering for sth./to do sth.
渴望;热望;
eg. From time to time we all get a hankering for something a little different.
我们每个人偶尔都会渴望有点变化。
eg. Have you always had a hankering to be an actress?
你是否一直渴望成为一名演员?
3. object to
不喜欢;不赞成;反对;
eg. A lot of people will object to the book.
很多人都会对这本书表示反感。
eg. I do object to their claim, which I find totally unsubstantiated.
我强烈反对他们的说法,那是毫无根据的。
4. can't help sth./doing sth.
不禁;忍不住;无法控制;
eg. 'Please don't cry.' — 'I can't help it.'
“别哭了。”——“我忍不住。”
eg. Hearing the news,they can not help jumping for joy.
他们听到这消息时禁不住欢跳起来。

分享到
重点单词
  • claimn. 要求,要求权;主张,断言,声称;要求物 vt. 要
  • kitchenn. 厨房,(全套)炊具,灶间
  • slipv. 滑倒,溜走,疏忽,滑脱 n. 滑倒,溜走,疏忽,失
  • prejudicen. 偏见,伤害 vt. 使 ... 存偏见,伤害
  • priden. 自豪,骄傲,引以自豪的东西,自尊心 vt. 以 .
  • unsubstantiated无确实根据[证据]的