荧屏中的情景口语 第303期:看得见风景的房间 更换房间
日期:2014-09-17 16:04

(单词翻译:单击)

荧屏情景

第44周 度假

荧屏情景:

星期二 更换房间 片段选自《看得见风景的房间》 A Room With A View 05:20--06:19

Woman A: The reckless rose, the tempestuous tulip.
女甲:我比较喜欢野性的美,像玫瑰和郁金香。
Cousin: Your mother would never forgie me if I took a view.
表姐:如果我先住,你母亲会怪我的。
Lucy: She'd want you to have it.
露西:母亲会让你先住的!
Cousin: On no account. The view of the Arno is yours.
表姐:不,应该你住。
Lucy: I don't know why we're arguing, because we have no view.
露西:我们别争了,反正也没有这样的房间。
Father: I have a view. And so does George. My son George here. You can have our rooms. We'll have yours. We can change. Why shouldn't have them?
父亲:我和乔治的房间都可看到美景。他就是我的儿子,乔治。我们可以交换房间。为什么不呢?
Cousin: Thank you very much indeed. We could not impose on your kindness.
表姐:真的很感激。我们心领了。
Father: Why?
父亲:为什么?
Lucy: You see...
露西:因为……
Cousin: Hush, Lucy.
表姐:别说了,露西。
Father: Women like looking at a view. Men don't. George, persuade them.
父亲:女人喜欢欣赏景色,男人就不在意这些了。乔治,说服她们!
George: It's obvious they should have the rooms. I have nothing to say, Signora?
乔治:她们是该换房间的!还要吗,夫人?
Cousin: No, thank you.
表姐:不了。
George: Why shouldn't you change? We could clear out in half an hour or in fifteen minutes. These niceties go against common sense! Every kind of sense.
乔治:你为何不肯换?我们半个小时内就可以收拾好,十五分钟也可以。你们这样做很奇怪呀,不合常理。

注:如视频无法播放,请刷新

重点讲解

重点讲解:
1. on no account
绝不;切勿;
eg. On no account should the mixture boil.
切勿让这种混合物沸腾。
eg. When asked for your views about your current job, on no account must you be negative.
当你被问及对目前工作的看法时,绝不要表现得消极。
2. impose on
把…硬加给;把…强塞给;勉强(某人)做事;
eg. I was afraid you'd simply feel we were imposing on you.
我担心你会觉得我们是在勉强你。
eg. 'Mum thinks I should stop imposing on your hospitality, Leo,' said Grace.
“利奥,我妈妈觉得我不应该再在这儿麻烦你了,”格雷丝说。
3. clear out
清理,整理(容器、房间等);
eg. I took the precaution of clearing out my desk before I left.
我临走时特地事先把办公桌清理了一下。
eg. I need to clear out my drawers.
我需要把我的抽屉清理干净。
4. go against
违背;违反;
eg. Changes are being made here which go against my principles and I cannot agree with them.
这里作的改动违背了我的原则,我不能同意。
eg. His thinking goes against all logic.
他的思维完全不合逻辑。
5. common sense
常识;直觉判断力;
eg. Watts thinks common sense is misleading.
瓦特认为常识会产生误导。
eg. He lacked any of the practical common sense essential in management.
管理方面基本的实用常识他一点也不懂。

分享到
重点单词
  • gracen. 优美,优雅,恩惠 vt. 使荣耀,使优美
  • currentn. (水、气、电)流,趋势 adj. 流通的,现在的,
  • logicn. 逻辑,逻辑学,条理性,推理
  • persuadevt. 说服,劝说
  • hospitalityn. 好客,殷勤,酒店管理
  • essentialn. 要素,要点 adj. 必要的,重要的,本质的
  • kindnessn. 仁慈,好意
  • tempestuousadj. 有暴风雨的,暴乱的
  • recklessadj. 不计后果的,大意的,鲁莽的
  • tulipn. 郁金香