荧屏中的情景口语 第159期:姐姐的守护者 申请出院
日期:2014-02-21 18:50

(单词翻译:单击)

荧屏情景

第23周 在医院

荧屏情景:

星期五 申请出院 片段选自《姐姐的守护者》 My Sister's Keeper 01:06:17--01:07:17

Doctor: How's our girl?
医生:孩子怎么样?
Dad: Well, she wants to go to the beach.
爸爸:哦,她想去海滩。
Doctor: The beach, huh? I'm not sure that's a bad idea. She is not gonna be any sicker at the beach than she is here. It might even be good for her.
医生:海滩,嗯?我并不觉得这是个坏主意。反正她在海滩也不会比在这儿病得更严重。或许对她还有益处。
Dad: Not too dangerous then, huh?
爸爸:不会太危险吧,是吗?
Doctor: I don't think so. She was dialyzed yesterday and she has no scheduled treatments until Friday.
医生:我想不会。她昨天透析了,在星期五之前没有预定的治疗计划。
Dad: Um, how do I do this? I mean, just get her up and walk her out of here or...
爸爸:嗯,我该怎么做?我是说,就是扶她起来走出这儿还是……
Doctor: Discharge her for the day. The insurance company will definitely not approve this... so we'll have to re-admit through emergency. But if she happened to be there at... let's say 7:00... I just might be there to meet her.
医生:临时出院一天,保险公司肯定不会同意。所以我们要通过急诊部再次接受入院。但是要是她在,假若,七点前回来的话,我会去接她。
Dad: Okay.
爸爸:好的。
Doctor: It's one day.
医生:就一天。
Doctor: Kate's been through the wringer, so if it's not gonna make her any worse... I say take the kid to the beach.
医生:凯特已经备受煎熬,事情还能有多糟。带她去海滩吧。

重点讲解

重点讲解:
1. be good for sb.
对某人有利的;有益的;
eg. Rain water was once considered to be good for the complexion.
雨水曾一度被认为可以滋养皮肤。
eg. It's good for students to puzzle things out for themselves.
让学生们自己思索解决难题很有好处。
2. happen to do sth.
碰巧;凑巧做某事;
eg. We happened to discover we had a friend in common.
我们凑巧发现我们有一个共同的朋友。
eg.We happen to hold the same view.
我们两人的想法不谋而合。
3. sb. has been through the wringer
受尽折磨;历尽艰辛;
eg. Every business I know has been through the wringer during the past two years.
过去两年,我认识的每家企业都历尽了磨难。
eg. This kid's been through the wringer.
这小孩已经遭受磨难了。

分享到
重点单词
  • approvev. 批准,赞成,同意,称许
  • dischargev. 放出,解雇,放电,解除,清偿债务 n. 释放,卸货
  • puzzlen. 谜,难题,迷惑 vt. 使困惑,使为难 vi. 迷
  • insurancen. 保险,保险费,安全措施