(单词翻译:单击)
荧屏情景
第24周 上网
荧屏情景:
星期一 脸谱 片段选自《生活大爆炸》第5季第10集 The Big Bang Theory S05E10 11:36--12:28
Leonard: Hey, do you see this?
伦纳德:嘿,你看见了吗?
Sheldon: I'm in the matrix, Leonard, I see everything.
谢尔丹:我在矩阵里,伦纳德,一切尽收眼底。
Leonard: You got to be kidding me. You friended Stuart on Facebook?
伦纳德:开什么玩笑,你在脸谱上把斯图特加为好友了?
Howard: I thought you didn't like Facebook anymore.
霍华德:我以为你不喜欢脸谱了。
Sheldon: Don't be silly. I'm a fan of anything that tries to replace actual human contact.
谢尔丹:别傻了,我喜欢一切试图取代真实社交活动的事物。
Raj: Please. You're looking at Facebook to find out how their date went.
拉杰:拜托,你就是想通过脸谱知道他们的约会怎么样了。
Sheldon: Really? You think I care if a man, what, "shared a pumpkin latte with a dynamite lady?"
谢尔丹:是吗?你以为我关心,啥来着,“与美女共饮南瓜咖啡”吗?
Raj: You're so full of it.
拉杰:你就是很在意。
Sheldon: You are free to believe whatever you like. And unfriend Rajesh Koothrappali.
谢尔丹:你愿意这么想就想吧。删除好友拉杰。
Raj: You unfriended me? Seriously?
拉杰:你删了我?玩真的?
Howard: Oh, yeah. Now he's gonna miss all those great updates like, "I can't belive I waited this long to make my own potpourri".
霍华德:正好。以后他就看不见那些超赞更新了,比如“真不敢相信为了做花香包,我等了这么久”。
Leonard: Sheldon, why don't you just acknowledge that you have feelings for Amy and you don't want her going out with other men?
伦纳德:谢尔丹,你为什么不告诉艾米你的感受?你不想让她跟别的男人约会吧?
Sheldon: And unfriend Leonard Hofstadter.
谢尔丹:删除好友伦纳德。
重点讲解
重点讲解:
1. be full of
有大量…的;满是…的;充满(某一情感或特质)的;
eg. The papers are full of stories about the royals.
报纸上尽是些关于王室成员趣闻逸事的报道。
eg. He's always full of cheer in summer.
夏天他总是高高兴兴的。
2. be free to do sth.
随意地或自由地做某事;
eg. He is free to do what he likes to do.
他可以为所欲为。
eg. Everyone is free to express himself.
每个人都可以畅所欲言。
3. Why don't you do sth.
Why don't you do sth?=Why not do sth? 为什么不……?表示“提供建议”;
eg. Why don 't you come over to our place one evening?
你何不找个晚上到我们这里来坐坐?
eg. The job is up for grabs. Why don't you apply now?
那工作谁都可以争取,你怎么不现在就申请呢?