荧屏中的情景口语 第100期:摩登家庭 回答问题
日期:2013-11-19 18:49

(单词翻译:单击)

荧屏情景

第15周 在海关

荧屏情景:

星期二 回答问题 片段选自《摩登家庭》第1季第22集 Modern Family S01E22 18:12--18:45

Officer: So, what kind of business did you have in Japan?
海关官员:你在日本有什么业务?
Mani: I've never been to Japan.
马尼:我从没去过日本。
Officer: You didn't go to Osaka in November 2003?
海关官员:你没在2003年11月去大阪?
Mani: I was 4.
马尼:那时我才4岁。
Gloria: Enough. Why don't you question the other people in the gate, huh? Did you see the old lady with the cane? What if she has a ceramic knife in there? That can go through the metal detector? And yet you waste your time harassing a little kid!
格罗里亚:够了!你为什么不在登机口问其他人?你看见那个拿着藤杖的老太太了吗?如果她在那藏了个能避开多发探测器的陶瓷刀怎么办?你却在这浪费时间骚扰一个小孩子!
Officer: Ma'am, you seem to know an awful lot about sneaking contraband onto a plane.
海关官员:女士,你似乎对藏带违禁品了解很多啊。
Gloria: Yeah, I'm Colombian.
格罗里亚:是的,我是哥伦比亚人。
Officer: Have you ever been to Japan?
海关官员:你去过日本吗?
Gloria: I would like to make a phone call.
格罗里亚:我要打个电话。

重点讲解

重点讲解:
1. what if
(用于疑问句句首,尤用于询问不希望看到的事发生时的结果)如果…怎么办;
eg. What if this doesn't work out?...
如果这个不行怎么办?
eg. What if relations between you and your neighbour have reached deadlock, and their behaviour is still unacceptable?
如果你和你的邻居已闹僵了,而他们的行为还是令人难以接受,那怎么办?
2. waste time (in) doing sth.

浪费时间做某事;
eg. There could be many reasons and he was not going to waste time speculating on them.
原因可能有很多,他不打算浪费时间对此妄加猜测。
eg. Don't waste time thinking back to what you could have done differently yesterday.
不要浪费时间去想若是回到昨天你就可以做得更好。
3. an awful lot
(量)极大的,极多的;
eg. I've got an awful lot of work to do.
我有一大堆事情要做。
eg. We're having an awful lot of rain these days.
这些日子尽下雨。

分享到
重点单词
  • planeadj. 平的,与飞机有关的 n. 飞机,水平,水准,刨
  • deadlockn. 僵局,停顿,(比赛等的)分数不分上下 v. 停顿,
  • ceramicadj. 陶器的 n. 陶器,陶瓷学
  • unacceptableadj. 不能接受的,不受欢迎的