荧屏中的情景口语 第320期:西装革履 周围环境
日期:2014-10-15 16:10

(单词翻译:单击)

荧屏情景

第46周 买房

荧屏情景:

星期五 周围环境 片段选自《西装革履》第1季第4集 Suits S01E04 26:53--27:25

Man: Are there any other tenants who've been here for a while, you know, who might be able to show us the ins and outs of the place, the neighborhood?
男:有没有住户,能带我们了解一下住在这里要注意的事项,认识一下邻居吗?
Woman A: Well, the building was totally renovated two years ago. So most of our tenants are newer. We only reopened in January. But I think there are some of the old tenants who bought in.
女甲:大楼两年前翻修过,所以我们大部分的住户都是搬来不久的。我们一月份才重新开放的,但我觉得会有些老住户在这儿直接租了新居。
Man: You think that we might be able to speak to them?
男:你说我们能跟他们谈谈吗?
Woman B: Just to be sure.
女乙:就是想确认一下。
Man: It would really make us feel more comfortable. She's feisty. So in love, so in love.
男:这会让我们心里舒坦点,她精力特充沛,我们可相爱了。
Woman B: Yes, we are.
女乙:那是,那是。

注:如视频无法播放,请刷新

重点讲解

重点讲解:
1. a while
一段时间;一会儿;
eg. It took her a while to get acclimatized to her new surroundings.
她花了一段时间才适应了新的环境。
eg. He moped around the office for a while, feeling bored.
他在办公室闲荡了一会儿,感到百无聊赖。
2. be able to do sth.
能做到…的;
eg. Individualists say that you should be able to wear what you want.
特立独行者认为人应该想穿什么就穿什么。
eg. I hope that everyone will be able to join in the fun.
我希望每个人都能够加入进来,玩得开心。
3. ins and outs
复杂详情;底细;
eg. I know all the ins and outs of our school building.
我知道我们教学大楼的一切情况。
eg. Dietary experts can advise on the ins and outs of dieting.
饮食专家可以对日常饮食的方方面面提出建议。
4. be in love
恋爱;相爱;
eg. Then I met someone and wham, bam, I was completely in love.
然后我遇上了一个人,嘭的一下,我就坠入了爱河。
eg. We were madly in love for about two years.
我们疯狂地热恋了大概两年。

分享到