荧屏中的情景口语 第319期:附注我爱你 看房
日期:2014-10-14 16:05

(单词翻译:单击)

荧屏情景

第46周 买房

荧屏情景:

星期四 看房 片段选自《附注我爱你》 P.S. I Love You 40:21--40:52

Ted: So who lived here before?
泰德:之前谁住在这里?
Woman A: A family. They're having another baby. So do you have any children?
女甲:一家人,他们又要了一个小孩。你有小孩吗?
Ted: Three Girls. Teenagers.
泰德:三个女儿,都十几岁了。
Woman A: That's nice.
女甲:很幸福啊。
Ted: Uh-huh.
泰德:嗯。
Ted's Wife: Ted, Sharon says there's another offer on the table...and we have to move on this.
泰德的妻子:泰德,莎伦说还有人出价……我们可以去看看。
Sharon: I think if you are offer another hundred grand, they'll back down.
莎伦:如果你再出十万的话,他们就会放弃。
Ted: Well, maybe we should talk about it.
泰德:也许我们可以再谈谈。
Ted's Wife: We don't have time, Ted. We have to tell her today.
泰德的妻子:我们没时间了,泰德。我们今天必须答复她。
Ted: We didn't wanna go over...
泰德:我们还没……
Ted's Wife: I know, but we love this apartment, and it is what it is. There's nothing else. This is what an apartment costs.
泰德的妻子:我知道,但是我们喜欢这房子,而且它有所值,没别的公寓好考虑,这就是一套公寓的代价。

注:如视频无法播放,请刷新

重点讲解

重点讲解:
1. move on
继续;
eg. Communicating how you feel may help you move on.
谈谈你的想法也许会有助于你的前进。
eg. Let's move on to the prickly subject of taxation reform.
咱们继续讨论下一项税制改革这个棘手的问题吧。
2. on the table
提交讨论;摆到桌面上;
eg. This is one of the best packages we've put on the table in years.
这是我们几年来提交的最好的几套方案之一。
eg. It means that all the options are at least on the table.
这就意味着,至少所有的选择都已经摆到了桌面上。
3. back down
放弃(主张、要求、承诺等);打退堂鼓;
eg. After several hours’ negotiations, they finally backed down on their unreasonable demands.
经过几个小时的谈话后,他们终于放弃了不合理的要求。
eg. It's too late to back down now.
现在打退堂鼓已经太晚了。

分享到
重点单词
  • reformv. 改革,改造,革新 n. 改革,改良
  • unreasonableadj. 不合理的,过度的,不切实际的
  • taxationn. 课税,征税,税金