荧屏中的情景口语 第327期:阳光小美女 去更衣室
日期:2014-10-24 16:13

(单词翻译:单击)

荧屏情景

第47周 问询

荧屏情景:

星期五 去更衣室 片段选自《阳光小美女》 Little Miss Sunshine 01:27:16--01:28:12

Woman A: Are you authorized to be backstage?
女A:你允许进入后台吗?
Man A: No. Hey. Where are the dressing rooms?
男A:没有。嘿,更衣室在哪?
Girl A: Are you allowed to be here?
女孩A:谁让你到这里来的?
Man A: Just tell me where the dressing rooms are.
男A:只要告诉我更衣室在哪里?
Man B: Listen, we're not in Albuquerque anymore.
男B:听着,这可不是阿尔布开克了。
Woman B: Hey, how are you feeling?
女B:嘿,你感觉怎么样?
Man A: Better. Where's Olive?
男A:好多了,奥丽芙在哪里?
Woman B: There. What's up?
女B:那里,怎么了?
Man A: Mom, I don't want Olive doing this.
男A:妈妈,我不想奥丽芙做这个。
Woman B: Oh, my God!
女B:啊,我的天!
Man A: Look around. This place is fucked!
男A:四处看看,这个地方逊极了!
Man B: He's right!
男B:他说得对!
Man A: Look, I don't want these people judging Olive. Fuck them!
男A:我不想这些人来评价奥丽芙。去他们的!
Woman B: Listen, it is too late.
女B:听着,现在说这些太迟了。
Man A: No, it's not too late. You're the mom...and you're supposed to protect her. Everyone is gonna laugh at her. Mom. Please don't let her do this.
男A:不,还不算迟,你是她妈妈,你应该保护她的。大家都会笑话她的,请不要让她继续了。
Woman A: Olive Hoover, two minutes.
女A:奥丽芙·胡佛,还有两分钟。
Man A: Look, she's not a beauty queen. She's just not. I'm gonna tell her.
男A:看,她不是那种冠军美女。她不是。我要告诉她。
Woman B: No, Dwayne. You listen to me. Olive is who she is. She has worked so hard. She's poured everything into this. We can't just take it away from her. We can't.
女B:不,德维恩,听我说,奥丽芙知道她是谁,她练习得很用功,她为这付出了一切,我们不能就这样剥夺她的权利,我们不能。

注:如视频无法播放,请刷新

重点讲解

重点讲解:
1. what's up
出什么事啦?出什么问题啦?出什么毛病啦?
eg. There are so many people standing there. What's up?
那么多人站在那里,出什么事了?
eg. Kids, life is a dark road. You never really know what's up ahead.
孩子们,人生就象一条黑暗的道路。你永远也不会知道前方会发生什么。
2. be supposed to do sth.
(按计划或期望)应当,应该,须;
eg. Life in the great outdoors isn't supposed to be luxurious.
美好的户外活动不必很奢侈。
eg. The funds are supposed to reimburse policyholders in the event of insurer failure.
这项基金将在保险公司不能偿付的情况下对投保人进行赔付。
3. laugh at
嘲笑;讥笑;
eg. Don't laugh at him; he's very sensitive.
千万别笑他,他很敏感。
eg. gnorant children sometimes laugh at beggars and tramps.
无知的孩子们有时会嘲笑乞丐和无家可归的人。
4. pour into
大量投入(金钱或供应品);大量涌来;
eg. I used to pour time and energy into projects that were doomed from the start.
我过去常常将大量时间和精力投入到从开始就注定要失败的计划中。
eg. A team of architects have created a 'transparent cement' that lets light pour into a room so that the walls look like giant windows.
精英建筑师们已经创造出“透明水泥”,能够让光线涌进房间,使墙壁看起来像个巨大的窗户。
5. take away from
拿走;夺走;
eg. For there is one thing that people cant take away from you, that is your wisdom.
因为这个世界上只有一种东西是别人无法从你的身上拿走的,那,就是你的智慧!
eg. That was a special bond that I guess will be with me in memory, that no one will take away from me.
我想,这是一处种特殊的纽带,永远留在我记忆中,没有人可以拿走。

分享到
重点单词
  • minutesn. 会议记录,(复数)分钟
  • luxuriousadj. 奢侈的,豪华的
  • fundsn. 基金;资金,现金(fund的复数) v. 提供资金
  • reimbursevt. 偿还,报销
  • sensitiveadj. 敏感的,灵敏的,易受伤害的,感光的,善解人意的
  • doomedadj. 命中注定的 动词doom的过去式和过去分词
  • bondn. 债券,结合,粘结剂,粘合剂 vt. 使结合,为 .
  • transparentadj. 透明的,明显的,清晰的
  • cantn. 倾斜,斜面,斜角 n. 伪善之言,黑话 v. (使
  • protectvt. 保护,投保