荧屏中的情景口语 第32期:西装革履 谈判
日期:2013-08-05 18:16

(单词翻译:单击)

荧屏情景

第5周 在公司

荧屏情景:

星期四 谈判 片段选自《西装革履》第1季第2集 Suits1 S01E02 35:51--37:13

Harvey: Ladies and gentlemen, I'm terribly sorry, but we have a problem.
哈维:女士们,先生们,非常抱歉我们有个问题需要处理。
Man A: What problem? We came down here because you led us to believe that your client was ready to accept our settlement agreement.
男甲:什么问题?我们今天过来可是认为你的委托人已经接受了我们的和解方案。
Harvey: And I thought he would. Look, I took him the offer. I presented it to him, and recommended that he take it. In fact, I urged him to take it. You know what he told me to do? He told me to tell you to shove it up your ass.
哈维:我原本也以为他会接受,是我替他擅作主张了。我把具体情况都跟他说了,也建议他接受,甚至还极力劝他。可你们知道他怎么想吗?他让我转告你们,见鬼去吧。
Man A: Now I know you didn't have me come all the way down here just tell me that.
男甲:你叫我来肯定不只是为了这个吧。
Harvey: You're right. That's not all Wyatt said. He said rather than spending years fighting this out in court, in 48 hours, he's gonna put this online.
哈维:没错,怀亚特还说了别的。他说与其长年在法庭上据理力争,倒不如在今明两天之内直接把这个挂在网上。
Wyatt: That's a little rough, but you get the idea.
怀亚特:做得有点粗糙,不过你肯定能看明白。
Man A: What are you showing us? Is this a website?
男甲:这是什么?是个网站吗?
Harvey: Available at the Suntech's domain name.
哈维:就挂在尚德的域名上。
Wyatt: All the design plans and calculations have been uploaded.
怀亚特:所有设计方案及相关数据均已上传。
Man A: Is this online now?
男甲:已经发布了吗?
Harvey: Can be.
哈维:没准哦。
Wyatt: Which means the whole world will have access to my designs.
怀亚特:也就是全世界都能看到我的设计。
Harvey: There'll be ten knock-offs of that phone before you can catch a cab back to your headquarters.
哈维:在你打的回总部前立马就有10个山寨版了。
Man A: We could file an injunction.
男甲:我们可以申请强制令。
Harvey: Not before tomorrow. And once that technology is out there, good luck putting that genie back in the bottle.
哈维:今天恐怕来不及了吧。一旦内容被传上去你就指望老天爷能救得了你吧。
Man A: Well, then we'll sue.
男甲:那就等着被起诉吧。
Harvey: But my client won't have any money. What he will have is credit for the initial design, which, after he incorporates under a different name, will be worth a hell of a lot more money than the $20 million that you're offering.
哈维:我的委托人大不了就是拿不到钱。但原始设计的所有权可就归他了,如果他再将其加以改良重新推出,到时候的市值可就远不止你们给出的两千万这么多了。

单词与短语

单词与短语:
1. have access to
使用;接近;可以利用
eg. Only 40% of 5-year-olds have access to preschool education.
5岁孩童中只有40%能享受学前教育。
eg. We have unrestricted access to all the facilities.
我们可随意使用一切设施。
2. knock-off
假冒;仿冒;模仿
eg. Of the 202 who completed the survey, almost three-quarters admitted to buying knock-off luxury goods.
在完成的202份问卷中,近四分之三的人承认购买过仿冒奢侈品。
eg. But some academics now think it is possible to make cheap, knock-off versions of these expensive originals.
但是一些学术界人士认为现在可以制造这些昂贵正版的廉价复制品。
3. file
用作动词,表示提起(诉讼);提出(投诉、请求等);申请
eg. A number of them have filed formal complaints against the police.
他们中的许多人都对警方提出了正式控告。
eg. If a prisoner is not satisfied with the effective judgment, he may file a petition.
罪犯对生效的判决不服的,可以提出申诉。
4. a hell of a
(用来加重语气)极恶劣的,不象样的,使人受不了的
eg. It's a hell of a long way.
路远极了。
eg. I have suffered from being misunderstood, but I would have suffered a hell of a lot more if I had been understood.
我一直因受到误会而痛心,不过,倘使我以前得到了人们的了解的话,那我准会痛心至更加难以容忍的地步。

分享到
重点单词
  • petitionn. 祈求,请愿书,诉状 vi. 请愿,祈求 vt. 向
  • misunderstoodadj. 被误解的 v. 误解,误会(misunders
  • judgmentn. 裁判,宣告,该判决书
  • availableadj. 可用的,可得到的,有用的,有效的
  • luxuryn. 奢侈,豪华,奢侈品
  • effectiveadj. 有效的,有影响的
  • creditn. 信用,荣誉,贷款,学分,赞扬,赊欠,贷方 (复)c
  • roughadj. 粗糙的,粗略的,粗暴的,艰难的,讨厌的,不适的
  • suevt. 控告,起诉 vi. 请求,追求,起诉
  • initialn. (词)首字母 adj. 开始的,最初的,字首的 v