(单词翻译:单击)
荧屏情景
第49周 修理
荧屏情景:
星期五 引擎故障 片段选自《歌舞青春·毕业季》3 High School Musical 3: Senior Year 53:33--54:06
Tory: Mr. Riley.
特洛伊:瑞雷先生!
Riley: Tory. There is nothing like the purr of a well-tuned engine. That wasn't it.
瑞雷:特洛伊!好发动机不发出这声,肯定有问题。
Troy: Yeah. My fuel pump's deceased. You have a radiator cap for me?
特洛伊:是的,我的油泵坏了。你有多余的水箱盖吗?
Riley: Heard of duct tape?
瑞雷:听说过胶带吗?
Troy: That's what I got on it now.
特洛伊:我现在用的就是它。
Riley: Dig around over there. I'm sure you'll find what you want. I am so excited about you boys playing at the U of A next year. I bought my season tickets. I got to take off early today, so lock up when you're done. Will you?
瑞雷:去那边找找吧,肯定能找到想要的。我真高兴,你们明年要去阿尔伯克基大学了。我已经买了季票,今天得早点下班。弄好后帮我锁门,行吧?
Troy: Yeah.
特洛伊:好的!
Riley: Thanks. You know where the key is. Say "hey" to Coach.
瑞雷:谢谢!你们知道钥匙在哪儿,替我向教练问好。
注:如视频无法播放,请刷新
重点讲解
重点讲解:
1. well-tunned
调整好的;
eg. She is not very well tuned into her surroundings.
她不太适应周围的环境。
eg. The system is not well tuned to handle this sort of problem.
该系统并没有调到最佳状态来处理这些问题。
2. hear of
听说(过…);(对…)有一点了解;
eg. Your mother will be furious if she gets to hear of this.
你母亲若知此事定会怒不可遏。
eg. I've never heard of such places.
我从未听说过这些地方。
3. take off
下班;离开;
eg. He tells me I should take off early, that my boss will understand because this is an extenuating circumstance.
他说我应该可以提前下班,我的老板会理解的,因为毕竟情有可原。
eg. I think we get to take off early today for ice.
今天会结冰,我认为我们可以提早下班。
4. lock up
锁好(建筑物或汽车的)门窗;
eg. Don't forget to lock up before leaving home.
离家之前别忘上锁。
eg. People usually lock up before they go to bed at night.
人们夜晚就寝前一般都锁好门窗。