荧屏中的情景口语 第157期:姐姐的守护者 采样
日期:2014-02-19 19:13

(单词翻译:单击)

荧屏情景

第23周 在医院

荧屏情景:

星期三 采样 片段选自《姐姐的守护者》 My Sister's Keeper 34:00--34:59

Kate: No, no, no, stop, stop, stop.
凯特:不,不,不,停,停,停。
Anna: Okay, okay.
安娜:好啦,好啦。
Nurse: Quietly, girls. This is hospital. This is not a sorority. I need a urine sample.
护士:安静点,女孩们。这儿是医院,不是女学生联谊会。我要一份尿样。
Kate: But I don't have to go.
凯特:可我不想尿尿。
Nurse: Well, drink something.
护士:好了,喝点东西。
Kate: And I'm not thirsty.
凯特:我又不渴。
Nurse: Listen to me, young lady. I don't like a lot of back talk. Drink, don't drink. I don't care. But you just better fill it.
护士:听着,小丫头,我不喜欢一大堆顶嘴。喝不喝,随便你,但是你最好装满它。
Kate: What a bitch.
凯特:死女人!
Anna: Right?
安娜:是吧?
Kate: I'll fill it. Nice and warm.
凯特:我会装满它,既漂亮又温暖。
Anna: No.
安娜:不会吧。
Nurse: You ready?
护士:准备好了?
Kate: All set. Oh, wait a minute. Looks a little cloudy. I think I should filter it again. Much better. What do you think?
凯特:都好了。噢,等等。看起来有点浑浊,我想得再过滤一下。好多了,你认为怎么样?
Nurse: You are disgusting. And so are you.
护士:你真恶心。你也是。

重点讲解

重点讲解:
1. back talk
n.<口>回嘴,顶嘴(尤指对上级或长辈的顶撞),反唇相讥;
eg. He told the boy that he would tolerate no back talk form children.
他对那个男孩子说他不能容忍小孩的顶嘴。
eg. Don't talk back. Listen to what your father says.
不要顶嘴,听你父亲讲。
2. all set
<美俚>准备就绪;
eg. I was all set to leave the house when the telephone rang.
我正准备离家外出,这时电话铃响了。
eg. Our plans for the trip are all set.
我们旅行的准备工作都做好了。
3. so+be+sb.
这看法适用于某人;某人也是;
eg. If he is guilty, then by inference so is she.
如果他有罪,可以推断出她也有罪。
eg. Do not eat the bread of the stingy; do not desire their delicacies; for like a hair in the throat, so are they.
不要吃恶眼人的饭,也不要贪他的美味。因为他心怎么思量,他为人就是怎样。
eg. As is the father, so is the son.
有什么样的父亲,就有什么样的儿子。

分享到
重点单词
  • toleratevt. 容忍,忍受
  • thirstyadj. 口渴的,渴望的
  • samplen. 样品,样本 vt. 采样,取样 adj. 样
  • filtern. 筛选,滤波器,过滤器,滤色镜 v. 过滤,渗透 [
  • guiltyadj. 有罪的,内疚的
  • stingyadj. 吝啬的,小气的