荧屏中的情景口语 第103期:假结婚 盘查
日期:2013-11-25 18:47

(单词翻译:单击)

荧屏情景

第15周 在海关

荧屏情景:

星期五 盘查 片段选自《假结婚》 The Proposal 14:58--15:52

Margaret: Sorry, I just need to ask him something. I need for you to file this fianc visa for me, please.
玛格丽特:抱歉,我问他一下就走。请处理一下我的结婚申请证书。
Man: Miss Tate?
男:特塔小姐。
Margaret: Yes.
玛格丽特:是的。
Man: Please, come with me.
男:请跟我来。
Woman: Yes, ma'am, I understand that. We're backed up...
女:是的女士,我明白,我们备份了……
Andrew: I have a bad feeling about this.
安德鲁:我有种不祥的预感。
Gilbertson: Hi, hello.
戈博森:你好。
Andrew: Hello.
安德鲁:你好。
Gilbertson: Hi. I'm Mr. Gilbertson.
戈博森:你好。我是戈博森先生。
Margaret: Ah!
玛格丽特:哦。
Gilbertson: And you must be Andrew, and you must be...
戈博森:你一定是安德鲁。那么你是……
Margaret: Margaret.
玛格丽特:玛格丽特。
Gilbertson: Margaret. Sorry about the wait. It's a, uh, crazy day today.
戈博森:玛格丽特,抱歉,久等了。今天真是疯狂的一天。
Margaret: Oh, of course, of course. We understand. And I can't tell you how much we appreciate you seeing us on such short notice.
玛格丽特:是啊,当然,当然。我们理解。真不知怎么感谢你,一接到通知就马上接见我们了。
Gilbertson: Ok. Buh, buh, buh, buh, buh buh, buh, buh, buuuh. So, I have one question for you. Are you both committing fraud to avoid her deportation so she can keep her position as editor in chief at Colden books?
戈博森:好的。啦,啦,啦,啦,啦!有个问题要问一下:你们是不是为了避免她被驱逐而假结婚,这样她就能保住寇登图书总编的位置?

重点讲解

重点讲解:
1. ask sb. sth.
询问某人某事;
eg. I asked him his name.
我询问了他的名字。
eg. Hey, can I just ask you something?
嘿,问你点事好吗?
2. back up
备份(文件);
eg. Make a point of backing up your files at regular intervals.
一定要定期备份文件。
eg. I get so annoyed when I lose work because I've forgotten to back it up.
当我因为忘了备份把完成的工作弄丢时,真是懊恼极了。
3. I can't tell you
(用来强调所说的话)我没法形容……
eg. I can't tell you how glad I was to leave that place.
我无法形容自己离开那个地方心里有多高兴。
eg. We have a lot of work to do, and I can't tell you how happy I am that we've finally, finally got to this point.
我们有许多工作要做,我们最终获胜,我难以表达我有多么高兴。
4. appreciate sb. doing
感谢某人做某事;
eg. I really appreciate you coming over to help me with my math.
我真的很感谢你过来帮我补习数学。
eg. Please contact me with any questions, and I appreciate you taking the time to look.
如有任何问题请联系我,感谢您抽出时间看。
5. on short notice
忽然,急忙;
eg. We had to set out on short notice.
一接到通知,我们就出发了。
eg. Although I had been invited to the opening ceremony, I was unable to attend on such short notice.
虽然我已经被邀请参加开幕式,但是时间这么仓促我还是没能去成。

分享到
重点单词
  • ceremonyn. 典礼,仪式,礼节,礼仪
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • avoidvt. 避免,逃避
  • proposaln. 求婚,提议,建议
  • appreciatevt. 欣赏,感激,赏识 vt. 领会,充分意识 vi.
  • deportationn. 驱逐出境;放逐
  • annoyedadj. 恼怒的;烦闷的 v. 使烦恼;打扰(annoy
  • fraudn. 骗子,欺骗,诈欺