荧屏中的情景口语 第169期:摩登家庭 更衣室
日期:2014-03-08 19:48

(单词翻译:单击)

荧屏情景

第25周 在健身房

荧屏情景:

星期一 更衣室 片段选自《摩登家庭》第1季第14集 Modern Family S01E14 03:45--04:10

Cam: It's a terrific gym, Jay. Very liberal with the towels. I love that.
卡姆:这间体育馆太棒了,杰。提供毛巾很大方,我喜欢这样的。
Jay: Showers are private, in case you are wondering.
杰:顺便告诉你,他们是独立浴室的。
Cam: I wasn't, but thanks for the heads-up. Wow, that's a surprise...boxers.
卡姆:我倒不很在乎,不过谢谢你提醒。哦,真惊喜啊。你穿的是平角裤。
Jay: Is that necessary?
杰:有必要吗?
Cam: Well, I just always pictured you as a tighty-white guy.
卡姆:我一直想象你是那种穿白三角裤的。
Jay: Well, do me a favor-the next time you picture me, leave the underwear out of it.
杰:帮帮忙好吗?下次你再想象我,不要想内衣内裤那一部分了。
Cam: Well, don't worry. The only thing I'm picturing is how clean the floor is gonna be when I'm done mopping it with you.
卡姆:别担心,我现在一心想的就是,那块地板会不会像你的分数那样光光的。

重点讲解

重点讲解:
1. in case
(表示不耐烦地陈述显而易见或与听话人无关的事情)竟然,难道,假使;
eg. She's nervous about something, in case you didn't notice.
她正为了什么事神经紧张,你连这个都没看出来?
eg. 'I'm waiting for Mary Ann,' she said, 'in case you're wondering.'
“我在等玛丽·安,”她说,“要是你想知道的话。”
2. heads-up
警告;提醒;提前通知;

eg. That kind of early heads-up could help governments make more timely decisions.
这样的早期提醒可以帮助政府更及时的制定决策。
eg. The secretary gave my department a heads-up about tomorrow's inspection.
有关于明天的试查,秘书事先知会了我的部门。
3. do sb. a favor
恩惠;帮忙;

eg. I've come to ask you to do me a favour.
我来这儿是想请你帮个忙。
eg. Do me a favor by turning off that radio!
请帮我把收音机关掉!

分享到
重点单词
  • timelyadj. 及时的,适时的 adv. 及时的
  • inspectionn. 检查,视察
  • liberaladj. 慷慨的,大方的,自由主义的 n. 自由主义者,