荧屏中的情景口语 第215期:笨人晚宴 在农场
日期:2014-05-14 16:53

(单词翻译:单击)

荧屏情景

第31周 在周末

荧屏情景:

星期五 在农场 片段选自《笨人晚宴》 Dinner For Schmucks 01:14:06--01:14:54

Kiernan: Have you ever just spent five months living with a herd of goats, as one of them? No?
基兰:你有没有试过花五个月时间,跟一群山羊住在一起,假装自己也是山羊。有吗?
Barry: No.
巴瑞:没有。
Kieran: That surprises me. The thing about a goat is, it never denies itself what it's hungry for.
基兰:让我很震惊,山羊告诉我的是,你永远不会否认你所追求的。
Barry: A goat will eat anything. A goat could probably eat a bike.
巴瑞:山羊什么都吃,连自行车都能吃。
Kieran: A goat could eat itself, if it was driven to it. I'm just a goat...who's halfway through eating itself.
基兰:山羊也可能把自己吃掉,如果那就是他心中所想。我就是一头山羊……正在不断啃食自己。
Barry: Just to be clear, what exactly are we talking about?
巴瑞:确认一下,我们到底在聊什么?
Kieran: Everything.
基兰:世间万物。

重点讲解

重点讲解:
1. spend time (in) dong sth.
花时间做某事;
eg. I spend most of my working day sitting at a desk.
我一天之中大部分工作时间都坐在办公桌旁。
eg. She can spend a whole day gossiping with her neighbours.
她能一整天都跟邻居们说长道短。
2. a herd of
兽群;畜群;
eg. We saw a herd of elephants yesterday.
昨天我们见到了一群大象。
eg. The milkman selected the spotted cows, from among a herd of two hundred.
牛奶商从一群200头牛中选出有斑点的牛。
3. be hungry for
渴望的;热望的;
eg. We're hungry for news about our brother.
我们渴望得到弟弟的消息。
eg. The orphan was hungry for affection.
这孤儿渴望得到爱。

分享到
重点单词
  • affectionn. 慈爱,喜爱,感情,影响
  • herdn. 兽群,人群,牧人 vt. 群集,使 ... 成群,