荧屏中的情景口语 第205:加菲猫的狂欢节 介绍嘉宾
日期:2014-04-29 18:23

(单词翻译:单击)

荧屏情景

第30周 在剧场

荧屏情景:

星期二 介绍嘉宾 片段选自《加菲猫的狂欢节》 Garfield's Fun Fest 11:12--12:00

Host: And now, some opening remarks from this year's master of ceremonies and the perennial winner of Fun Fest, please welcome Garfield.
主持人:现在,让今年庆典的司仪、狂欢节常胜将军,为我们致开幕辞吧!有请加菲!
Garfield: Thank you, Charles. It's so great to be hosting Fun Fest again. And, to be honest, it's so great to be winning Fun Fest again. No, but seriously. This year I'm so confident of victory. I'm gonna tell you my secret for success.
加菲:谢谢,查尔斯。很高兴能再次主持狂欢节,还有,很荣幸,也很高兴,再次在狂欢节上获胜。别这样,我很认真,今年我很有信心能赢。我来告诉你们我获胜的秘诀。
Audience: You bribe the judges.
观众:你贿赂评委。
Garfield: No.
加菲:不对。
Audience: Your mother counts the votes.
观众:你妈妈是唱票的。
Garfield: No, it's not that easy. In order to be a great comedian you have to first be a great dramatic actor.
加菲:不,才没那么容易。想成为一名伟大的喜剧演员,你首先得成为伟大的戏剧演员。
Audience: Yeah, right. Tell us another lie.
观众:是啊,是啊,继续说谎吧!

重点讲解

重点讲解:
1. to be honest
老实说;说实在的;
eg. To be honest, I don't think we have a chance of winning.
说实话,我认为我们没有获胜的可能。
eg. But to be honest, it's not the job I've always dreamt about having.
但说真的,这不是我梦想的职业。
2. be confident of
有信心;
eg. The look on his face said that he was confident of success.
他脸上的表情显示他对成功具有信心。
eg. The young miner was confident of winning the girl's heart.
这个年轻的矿工坚信能赢得那位姑娘的心。
3. in order to
(某人)要想…(必须)…;
eg. We need to get rid of the idea that we must be liked all the time in order to be worthwhile.
我们必须抛弃那种认为要想活得有价值就得始终取悦他人的想法。
eg. They need hostages in order to bargain with the government.
他们要想同政府讨价还价就得有人质。

分享到
重点单词
  • worthwhileadj. 值得(做)的
  • perennialadj. 四季不断的,继续多年的,永久的 n. 多年生植
  • confidentadj. 自信的,有信心的,有把握的 adj. 易
  • dramaticadj. 戏剧性的,引人注目的,给人深刻印象的 dram