荧屏中的情景口语 第235期:好汉两个半 偶遇同事
日期:2014-06-12 17:35

(单词翻译:单击)

荧屏情景

第34周 在酒吧

荧屏情景:

星期四 偶遇同事 片段选自《好汉两个半》第9季第13集 Two and a Half Men S09E13 10:49--11:57

Robin: Hello, Alan.
罗宾:你好啊,艾伦。
Alan: Oh, hi.
艾伦:哦,嗨。
Bridget: Hi, Alan.
布里奇特:嗨,艾伦。
Alan: Oh, Bridget. Hi.
艾伦:哦,布里奇特,嗨!
Robin: Isn't this a happy coincidence, the three of us running into each other?
罗宾:真巧啊,我们三人就这么碰上了?
Alan: Listen, ladies, with all due respect, I've been instructed not to discuss any company business outside of the boardroom.
艾伦:好了,各位女士,董事会之外我绝不讨论公司事务。
Bridget: What makes you think we want to talk about business?
布里奇特:谁说要跟你讨论公司事务了?
Alan: Come on. I may have been born yesterday, but I was up late last night.
艾伦:得了,就算我昨天才出生,我昨晚就已经长大了。
Robin: What does that even mean?
罗宾:这话究竟啥意思?
Alan: It means... I don't know. I heard it in a movie.
艾伦:意思是,我也不知道,电影里看来的。
Waiter: May I help you, ladies?
服务员:女士们,想喝点什么?
Bridget: I'll have a Pierre Benoit cognac.
布里奇特:皮埃尔·伯努瓦白兰地。
Robin: Oh, make that two.
罗宾:哦,两杯。
Alan: Separate checks.
艾伦:分开结账的啊。
Robin: Alan, isn't there any way we can work together on this board vote?
罗宾:艾伦,我们能不能在投票这事上统一战线?
Alan: I'm sorry, but I'm royal to your son.
艾伦:对不起,我不能背叛你儿子。
Robin: Well, am I. I'm trying to protect him from himself. And I would think an intelligent, successful, good-looking man like you would see that.
罗宾:我也是,我只是在防止他做傻事而已,所以我觉得作为一名智慧成功的帅哥应该能明白这点。
Alan: Well, that's very flattering, but I'm afraid you've overplayed your hand. No one would call me successful.
艾伦:您过奖了,但说得太离谱了,没人会觉得我成功的。
Bridget: Forget it, Robin. I knew he wouldn't go for it.
布里奇特:算了,罗宾,我知道他不会答应的。

重点讲解

重点讲解:
1. run into
意外碰到;
eg. I ran into my professor in the lounge.
我在休息室偶然遇见我的教授。
eg. We seem to run Into each other often lately.
我们最近好像经常碰面。
2. be royal to sb.
忠于;
eg. The vassal swore that he would be loyal to the king forever.
这位封臣宣誓他将永远忠诚于国王。
eg. She was loyal to her faith.
她忠于自己的信念。
3. protect sb. from sth.
保护;防护;
eg. He raised his arm to protect his child from hurt.
他伸出手去,保护他的孩子免受伤害。
eg. Skiers wear goggles to protect their eyes from the sun.
滑雪者都戴上护目镜使眼睛不受阳光伤害。
4. overplay one's hand
过高估计自己的形势;
eg. The United States has to be careful it doesn't overplay its hand.
美国必须谨防高估自身实力。
eg. The union is in danger of overplaying its hand in the current dispute.
工会在目前纠纷中高估自己实力有失败之虞。
5. forget it
没关系;不必在意;不要再提了;算了;
eg. "I am sorry I broke your teapot.""Forget it.”
“对不起,我打破了你的茶壶。”“没关系。”
eg. Oh, forget it ! Don't say any more about it. It's time for a break [ rest ] .
算了,别说了, 该休息了。
6. go for it
争取;
eg. Go for it, John! You know you can beat him.
努力争取吧,约翰!你知道你是可以打败他的。
eg. Women believe they can achieve now, and they go for it.
现在妇女相信她们能取得成就,从而努力去争取。

分享到
重点单词
  • protectvt. 保护,投保
  • intelligentadj. 聪明的,智能的
  • coincidencen. 巧合,同时发生
  • separaten. 分开,抽印本 adj. 分开的,各自的,单独的 v
  • flatteringadj. 奉承的;谄媚的