荧屏中的情景口语 第214期:完美出游 度假途中
日期:2014-05-13 17:10

(单词翻译:单击)

荧屏情景

第31周 在周末

荧屏情景:

星期四 度假途中 片段选自《完美出游》 A Perfect Getaway 03:20--04:26

Cliff: The red dot.
克里夫:找红点。
Cydney: There's the red dot. The thing.
西德妮:红点在这里,就这个。
Cliff: You comfortable?
克里夫:你这样舒服吗?
Cydney: Got the camera. This should... Hey, can I ask you a question, Mr. Cliff Anderson...
西德妮:摄影机好了,这应该……嘿,可以问你个疸吗,克里夫·安德森先生?
Cliff: Yeah.
克里夫:好。
Cydney: ... of Venice Beach, California?
西德妮:你想去加利福尼亚海滩度假吗?
Cliff: Yes, Mrs. Cydney Anderson, formerly Miss Cydney Karswell of Pacific Palisades, California.
克里夫:是的,西德妮·安德森夫人,从前的西德妮·卡斯维尔小姐,来自加利福尼亚太平洋帕利塞德的西德妮。
Cydney: How did you get this scar? Oh, my God, I can't believe I didn't notice it before.
西德妮:你这块伤疤是怎么来的?哦,我的天,我以前居然没有留意过这个伤疤。
Cliff: That's a long story and it involves Homeland Security. It's not funny. And me, being unexpectdly pressed into service as a deputy air marshal. And I don't really want to talk about it.
克里夫:这说来话长,关系到国土安全,不要笑,我被临时征用到军队担任空中中将,我真的不想谈论这个。
Cydney: Try again! A little less grandiose, thank you.
西德妮:再说一次!别这么做作,谢谢!
Cliff: My brother hit me with his skateboard when I was nine.
克里夫:我九岁时,我弟弟用滑板砸了我的头。
Cydney: Wait, which brother is this?
西德妮:等等,哪个弟弟?
Cliff: That would be Tommy, the dick, from Michigan.
克里夫:是汤米,密歇根的那个家伙。

重点讲解

重点讲解:
1. I can't believe
(表示惊奇)难以置信;
eg. I was a physical and emotional wreck — I still can't believe how I ever got any work done.
我那时身心俱疲——现在还难以相信我是怎么把一些事情做成的。
eg. I can't believe he got that money honestly.
我不相信他是靠正当手段弄到那笔钱的。
2. press sb. into service
暂时使用;临时任用;
eg. The local bar has been pressed into service as a school.
当地的酒吧被暂时用作学校。
eg. Kenny had been pressed into service to guard the door.
肯尼被临时雇来看门。
3. want to do sth.
想要做某事;
eg. If you want to attract more customers, try advertising in the local paper.
如果你要吸引更多顾客,就试试在当地报纸登广告。
eg. What they talked about is what we want to know.
他们谈论的是我们所想要知道的事。

分享到
重点单词
  • securityn. 安全,防护措施,保证,抵押,债券,证券
  • emotionaladj. 感情的,情绪的
  • pacificn. 太平洋 adj. 太平洋的 pacific adj
  • grandioseadj. 宏伟的,堂皇的,浮夸的
  • deputyadj. 代理的,副的 n. 代表,副手
  • scarn. 疤痕,伤痕,断崖 v. 结疤,使 ... 有伤痕,
  • cliffn. 悬崖,峭壁