(单词翻译:单击)
荧屏情景
第19周 在商场
荧屏情景:
星期四 购买珠宝 片段选自《生活大爆炸》第5季第12集 The Big Bang Theory S05E12 13:09--14:08
Sheldon: I don't think there's anything in this jewelry store that Amy would appreciate more than the humidifier we were just looking at at Sears.
谢尔丹:我不觉得,这个珠宝店里有比我们刚才在西尔斯百货公司看到的加湿器,更让艾米喜欢的东西。
Penny: Oh, my God, now I know what I sould like to you when I say stupid stuff.
佩妮:哦,天啊,现在我知道我说蠢话的时候你是什么感觉了。
Sheldon: Ooh, a pocket watch.
谢尔丹:哦,怀表。
Penny: Okay, I don't think Amy wants a pocket watch.
佩妮:好吧。我觉得艾米不会想要怀表的。
Sheldon: No, but maybe she wants a man with a pocket watch.
谢尔丹:不过她可能喜欢带怀表的男人啊。
Penny: Still saying stupid stuff. Does she like bracelets?
佩妮:还在说蠢话哟。她喜欢手镯吗?
Sheldon: Well, she's very fond of her silver one that says "allergic to penicillin." Maybe they have a dressier version of that?
谢尔丹:呃,她很喜欢她手上那个刻着“青霉素过敏”的银镯子。这里有那款的加料版吗?
Seller: Well, how are we doing this afternoon? Are we looking for anything special? Perhaps a ring for the lady?
店员:两位,下午好啊。需要什么特别的吗?给这位女士选一枚戒指?
Penny: Trust me, we are not a couple.
佩妮:相信我,我们不是情侣。
Sheldon: Excuse me, I don't see why you get to snort derisively and point that out. You'd be lucky to land a fella like me.
谢尔丹:不好意思,我不明白你为什么要对此嗤之以鼻。你要能找到我这样的男朋友就是福气。
Penny: Fine, go ahead.
佩妮:好吧,你来。
Sheldon: Trust me, we are not a couple.
谢尔丹:相信我,我们不是情侣。
重点讲解
重点讲解:
1. I don't think...
当动词 think 和 that 从句连用表示否定的观点或看法时,通常是对 think 进行否定,而不是否定 that 从句中的动词;
eg. I don't think he saw me.
我认为他没看见我。
eg. I don't think her idealistic plans will ever materialise.
我以为她那些空想的计划永远不会实现。
2. be fond of
喜欢;喜爱;
eg. I am very fond of Michael.
我很喜欢迈克尔。
eg. She was especially fond of a little girl named Betsy.
她尤其偏爱一个名叫贝齐的小女孩。
3. be allergic to
对…过敏的;
eg. I'm allergic to cats.
我对猫过敏。
eg. Many people are allergic to airborne pollutants such as pollen.
许多人对空气传播的污染物过敏,比如花粉。