荧屏中的情景口语 第185期:摩登家庭 观光游览
日期:2014-03-31 18:25

(单词翻译:单击)

荧屏情景

第27周 旅行

荧屏情景:

星期三 观光游览 片段选自《摩登家庭》第1季第23集 Modern Family S01E23 06:31--07:23

Mitchell: Ooh, so, we can drink lavender tea while eating lavender scones.
米歇尔:哦,那么,我们可以一边喝薰衣草茶,一边吃薰衣草点心哦。
Cam: Oh, neat. So is this an all-day thing, or...
卡姆:哦,好耶。要看一整天还是……
Mitchell: Oh, no. I know what you're thinking, Cam. Don't worry-we'll still have time for the whaling village.
米歇尔:哦,不。我知道你在想什么,卡姆,别担心,我们会有时间去鲸鱼村的。
Cam: Oh. Good.
卡姆:哦,好。
Mitchell: So... Okay.
米歇尔:那好吧。
Cam: I can't.
卡姆:我不去了。
Mitchell: What?
米歇尔:什么?
Cam: I-I don't want to go. I know I said I'm not a stay-by-the-pool type of guy. But I really am, Mitchell.
卡姆:我,我不想去了。我是说过我不是泳池边躺躺那种人。可我其实就是啊,米歇尔。
Mitchell: What are you saying?
米歇尔:你在说什么哪?
Cam: I'm saying that I like adventure, but not every minute of every day. Can you just go by yourself?
卡姆:我是喜欢冒险,可也不能这么没日没夜的呀。你自己去吧。
Mitchell: But the lavender ranch-It's-it's something two men are meant to do together.
米歇尔:可是这个薰衣草农场……是要两个个人一起看的呀。
Driver: On or off, folks?
司机:上不上啊你们?
Mitchell: Well, I'm on.
米歇尔:我上。
Cam: I'm off.
卡姆:我不上。
Mitchell: Think about what you missing, Cam. It's an entire ranch full of lavender.
米歇尔:想想你错过了多少东西吧,卡姆。整整一个农场的薰衣草哦。
Cam: You're not making the compelling case you think you are.
卡姆:你就别跟我来庭辩那套了啦。

重点讲解

重点讲解:
1. by oneself
单独地,独自地;
eg. Own destiny should create by oneself.
自己的命运应由自己创造。
eg. Happiness enjoyed by oneself is a pleasure, so is sorrow tasted alone.
独享欢乐是一种愉快,独自忧伤也是一种愉快。
2. be meant to do sth.
理应发生;应该做某事;
eg. I meant to help him; unexpectedly I have brought him trouble.
我想帮助他,没想到反而给他添了麻烦。
eg. This speech is meant to be thrown away.
这段话要漫不经心地说出来。
3. think about
考虑;想想;
eg. I'd have to think about it.
我得好好考虑一下。
eg. Sit back for a minute and think about what you have done.
歇息一会,想想你做了些什么。

分享到
重点单词
  • unexpectedlyadv. 未料到地,意外地
  • compellingadj. 强制的,引人注目的,令人信服的
  • adventuren. 冒险,奇遇 vt. 冒险,尝试 vi. 大胆进行,