荧屏中的情景口语 第89期:闻香识女人 检票候机
日期:2013-11-04 18:46

(单词翻译:单击)

荧屏情景

第13周 在机场

荧屏情景:

星期五 检票候机 片段选自《闻香识女人》 Sent Of A Woman 34:15--36:06

Man: Good afternoon, sir. Where's our destination?
男:下午好,先生,目的地是哪儿?
Colonel: Our destination... New York City, home of the brave!
中校:目的地……纽约市,勇者之家。
Man: Two for the shuttle to New York.
男:两位普通舱到纽约。
Colonel: I'm not shuttling anywhere. Look at those tickets. "First Class."
中校:我才不是普通舱。看机票,头等舱。
Man: Yes, sir, first class.
男:是的,先生,头等舱。
Charlie: You bought me a ticket? I never said I'd go to New York.
查理:你替我买票了?我没说过要去纽约啊。
Colonel: What are you, some kind of chicken-shit, sticks to job description only?
中校:你是只敢照规矩做的胆小鬼吗?
Man: Gate 46, sir.
男:46号登机门,先生。
Colonel: As you were, son.
中校:给你。
Man: Thank you, sir.
男:谢谢,先生。
Colonel: Which way's the door? Are you blind? Are you blind?
中校:门在哪里?你瞎了?你瞎了吗?
Charlie: Of course not.
查理:当然没有。
Colonel: Then why do you keep grabbing my goddamn arm? I take your arm.
中校:那你猛抓我手干嘛?我抓你的手。
Charlie: I'm sorry.
查理:抱歉。
Colonel: Don't be sorry. How would you know, watching MTV all your life?
中校:别抱歉了。不知者无罪,你一辈子大概都在看音乐电视吧?
Charlie: Yes!
查理:是的。
Airline Stewardess: Jack Daniels.
空姐:杰克·丹尼尔。
Colonel: You bet.
中校:好。
Airline Stewardess: And Diet Slice.
空姐:低卡汽水。
Colonel: The old Diet Slice.
中校:低卡汽水。
Airline Stewardess: And a water.
空姐:再加一杯水。
Colonel: Thank you, Daphne.
中校:谢谢你,黛芬妮。
Airline Stewardess: Certainly, sir.
空姐:不客气,先生。
Charlie: How did you know her name?
查理:你怎么知道她名字?
Colonel: Well, she's wearing Floris. That's an English cologne. But her voice is California chickie. Now, California chickie bucking for English lady. I call her Daphne. Oh, big things may happen to that little thing of yours.
中校:她擦“芙蕾丝”,一款英国香水,但是她又有加州腔,加州小妞向往英国淑女,所以我叫她黛芬妮。小小的把戏可以发挥很大作用的。
Charlie: Look, Colonel, I'll get you to New York, all right?
查理:中校,我陪你去纽约,对吧?

重点讲解

重点讲解:
1. first class
头等的;一等的;
eg. He won himself two first-class tickets to fly to Dublin.
他为自己赢得了两张飞往都柏林的头等舱机票。
eg. He paid for and was assigned a cabin in first class.
他付完钱后被安排到了头等舱。
2. chicken-shit
胆小鬼;
eg. Winning any other way is chicken-shit.
以其他任何方式取得胜利的都是懦夫。
eg. Don't be such a chicken shit. Go ask her to dance.
别像个胆小鬼似的,去邀请她跳舞吧。
3. You bet.
口语常用;表示“是的,没错,完全正确”;
eg. 'It's settled, then?' — 'You bet.'
“那么,就这么定了?”——“定了。”
eg. Whatever i ask you have to answer 'you bet'.
不管我问什么,你都必须回答“没错” 。
4. buck for
努力争取;
eg. She is bucking for a promotion.
她正在努力争取升职。
eg. Item twenty-six any work done by any member of the association is volunteer, and no one should buck for his own interests.
第二十六条本单位所有人员的工作都是无偿的,不谋求任何个人的利益。

分享到
重点单词
  • associationn. 联合,结合,交往,协会,社团,联想
  • destinationn. 目的地,终点,景点
  • buckn. (美元)块钱 n. 钱,鹿皮,(鹿皮等)制物,小伙
  • descriptionn. 描写,描述,说明书,作图,类型
  • settledadj. 固定的;稳定的 v. 解决;定居(settle
  • promotionn. 晋升,促进,提升
  • slicen. 薄片,切片 vt. 切成薄片,削