荧屏中的情景口语 第281期:马利和我 遛狗
日期:2014-08-16 15:32

(单词翻译:单击)

荧屏情景

第41周 宠物

荧屏情景:

星期一 遛狗 片段选自《马利和我》 Marley And Me 32:16--33:06

John: I don't trust him.
约翰:我不信任它。
Jennifer: Honey, it's been two years. He's never had an accident.
詹妮弗:宝贝,已经2年了,它都没闯过祸。
John: I know, 'cause I never let him off the leash. We're not gonna be the guys who get Dog Beach shut down, are we, Marley? Nope. Okay. So what's next?
约翰:我知道,因为我都没放开它,我们可不要成为让这个沙滩禁止狗进入的罪魁祸首,对吧,马利?不会的。下一步是什么?
Jennifer: Um, ice cream?
詹妮弗:吃冰淇淋?
John: No. I mean on your list.
约翰:不是,我是指你的计划。
Jennifer: My list?
詹妮弗:计划?
John: Jen, the list-Your little play list that you had when we got married that had the game plan. It was basically my marching orders.
约翰:詹,你的人生计划,我们结婚当晚你说过的,那就是给我的命令。
Jennifer: My plan?
詹妮弗:我的计划?
John: Your plan. I wanna know what's next. Scare me.
约翰:你的计划,我想知道下一步是什么,看能否让我大吃一惊。
Jennifer: You really wanna know?
詹妮弗:你真想知道?
John: Hit me.
约翰:放马过来。
Jennifer: Well, it's a toss-up between the new roof.
詹妮弗:有点难以抉择,要么换个“新屋顶”。
John: Very practical.
约翰:很实际。
Jennifer: And, uh-and a baby.
詹妮弗:嗯,要么要个孩子。
John: I could live with a few leaks.
约翰:就算屋顶有点漏也没关系。

注:如视频无法播放,请刷新

重点讲解

重点讲解:
1. shut down
(使)(工厂、公司等)关闭,歇业,停业;
eg. In serious cases, the related work unit will be suspended or shut down.
如出现更严重的情况,相关的工作部门将被勒令歇业整顿或停业。
eg. But the company shut down in 1995.
但这家公司在1995年关闭了。
2. get married
结婚;嫁;娶;
eg. You should get married for love.
你应该为了爱而结婚。
eg. People around the world watched britain's prince william and kate middleton get married.
世界各地的人们观看了英国威廉王子和凯特米德尔顿完婚。
3. toss-up
(发生几率各半的)相等机会;难以定夺的事;
eg. It's a toss-up whether oil prices will go up or down over the days ahead.
油价在今后的日子里会上涨还是下跌都有可能。
eg. Both players are equally good so it's a toss-up who will win.
那两个运动员不相上下,谁能取胜还很难说。

分享到
重点单词
  • relatedadj. 相关的,有亲属关系的
  • suspendedadj. 悬浮的;暂停的,缓期的(宣判)