荧屏中的情景口语 第194期:怦然心动 修剪植物
日期:2014-04-14 18:33

(单词翻译:单击)

荧屏情景

第28周 在公园

荧屏情景:

星期五 修剪植物 片段选自《怦然心动》 Flipped 44:32--45:12

Girl: I wanted to think the reason. I started working on my yard...had nothing to do with Bryce. It was about making our house better. After what he did with the eggs, why should I care what he thought? But I did.
女孩:我想告诉自己,我会想要动手整理院子,跟布莱斯无关,我是想让我们家变得更棒。他那样对待我送的蛋,我干嘛还要在乎他的想法呢?但我就是在乎。
Chet: Are you pruning that or trying to hack it to death? Hi. I'm Chet Duncan, Bryce's grandfather. Sorry it's taken me so long to come over and introduce myself.
柴特:你是要剪树枝?还是要把它劈死啊?你好,我是柴特·邓肯,布莱斯的外公。很抱歉,这么久才过来自我介绍。
Girl: Nice to meet you.
女孩:很高兴认识你。
Chet: So are you trimming all these to the same height?
柴特:你想把它们修剪得一样高吗?
Girl: Well, yeah, that's what I was thinking, but I don't know. Do you think it would look better to take them out?
女孩:是啊,我是想这么做,但我也不不确定。你觉得整个拿掉会比较好看吗?
Chet: Oh, these are Hicksii shrubs. These will prune up nicely.
柴特:哦,这些是曼地亚灌木,可以剪得很漂亮。

重点讲解

重点讲解:
1. have nothing to do with
与……无关;
eg. As the matter stands, I shall have nothing to do with it.
照目前情形, 我将不干预此事.
eg. Jon decided to have nothing to do with his family.
乔恩决定不再和家里有任何瓜葛。
2. to death
(用于形容词或动词后,表示强调)……得要死;……得要命;
eg. He scares teams to death with his pace and power.
他的速度之快、力量之大让其他队胆战不已。
eg. I went out last night, but not for very long. I was bored to death.
昨晚我出去了,但没有呆很久。我感觉无聊透了。
3. take out
去除;除掉;
eg. So he's trying to take out as many gang members as possible.
那么他在试图尽可能多的清除黑帮分子。
eg. When you edit the tape you can take out the giggles.
你编辑录音时,可以把咯咯笑的部分删了。

分享到
重点单词
  • prunevt. 修剪,砍掉,削减 vi. 删除 n. 梅干,洋李
  • hackn. 劈,砍,出租马车 v. 劈,砍,干咳