荧屏中的情景口语 第52期:生活大爆炸 汽车抛锚
日期:2013-09-04 18:23

(单词翻译:单击)

荧屏情景

第8周 在路上

荧屏情景:

星期三 汽车抛锚 片段选自《生活大爆炸》 第4季第19集 The Big Bang Theory S04E19 17:59--19:09

Leonard: Anybody know anything about internal combustion engines?
伦纳德:有人知道内燃机吗?
Howard & Sheldon & Raj: Of course. 19th-century technology. Very basic.
霍华德和谢尔丹和拉杰:当然。19世纪的科技。基本的常识。
Leonard: Does anybody know how to fix an internal combustion engine?
伦纳德:有人懂怎么修理内燃机吗?
Howard & Sheldon & Raj: No. No. Not a clue.
霍华德和谢尔丹和拉杰:不懂。不懂。完全不懂。
Leonard: Well, we'd better call somebody to come to pick us up.
伦纳德:那最好打电话让人来接咱们。
Sheldon: It'd be swell if they had a train. Thank you, Penny.
谢尔丹:如果那人有辆火车的话,那真是一级棒。谢谢你,佩妮。
Penny: No problem. So, Leonard, I think it's interesting you didn't call your girlfriend to come to get you.
佩妮:没事。对了,伦纳德,你没有让你女朋友来接你,这事有点儿意思。
Leonard: Uh, I told her I was working.
伦纳德:我告诉她我在工作。
Penny: So you lied to her. Also interesting.
佩妮:所以你对她撒谎了,真有意思。
Leonard: Yeah, she doesn't really understand the whole Warcraft adventure-role-playing thing.
伦纳德:是,她不是很懂魔兽争霸的整个冒险角色扮演游戏。
Penny: Well, doesn't matter if she gets it, as long as she's pretty.
佩妮:她不懂没关系,只要她漂亮就好了嘛。
Howard: This one's funny, Leonard. How come you couldn't make it work with her?
霍华德:这事儿才有意思呢,伦纳德。你怎么会跟这么懂事的女孩分手呢。
Penny: So did you at least get Sheldon's fake stuff back?
佩妮:那你们至少把谢尔丹那些假玩意儿要回来了吧。
Sheldon: No. We failed in our noble quest.
谢尔丹:没有,我们伟大的寻物征途失败了。
Penny: How come?
佩妮:怎么回事?
Sheldon: Todd Zarnecki was mean.
谢尔丹:托德·札内基是个贱人。
Penny: All right. Hang on.
佩妮:好了,坐稳了。
Leonard: What are you doing?
伦纳德:你要干嘛?
Penny: I'm gonna show you how we finish a quest in Nebraska.
佩妮:我要让你们见识下在内布拉斯加是怎么完成寻物征途的。

重点讲解

重点讲解:
1. pick up
对话中意思为:(通常指开车)接载,取走;
eg. We drove to the airport the next morning to pick up Susan.
我们第二天早晨开车去机场接苏姗。
eg. She went over to her parents' house to pick up some clean clothes.
她去了趟父母家取些干净衣服。
2. How come
为什么,怎么会……;怎么回事;
eg. You were an hour late this morning, how `come?
今天早晨你迟到了一小时,怎麽回事?
eg. How come you got that post in the adventure-joint enterprise ?
你是怎么会找到合资企业那份工作的?
3. fail in
在……方面失败了;缺乏……,在……方面不足
eg. By my calculation, 5% of the students will fail in the exam.
据我估计,百分之五的学生不能通过这次考试。
eg. You will bring the blame of others upon yourself if you fail in this.
如果你在这件事上失败了,就会招来别人的非议。
4. hang on
对话中意思为:紧握;牢牢抓住;
eg. She was conscious of a second man hanging on to the rail.
她意识到还有另一个男人紧抓着栏杆。
eg. He managed to hang on to a piece of rock protruding from the cliff.
他设法抓住了悬崖上向外伸出的岩石。

分享到
重点单词
  • enterprisen. 企业,事业,谋划,进取心
  • internaladj. 国内的,内在的,身体内部的
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • questn. 探索,寻求 v. 寻找,搜索
  • protrudingv. 使突出,伸出,突出
  • swellv. (使)膨胀,(使)鼓起,(使)增长 n. 膨胀,肿
  • combustionn. 燃烧
  • blamen. 过失,责备 vt. 把 ... 归咎于,责备
  • consciousadj. 神志清醒的,意识到的,自觉的,有意的 n. 意
  • cliffn. 悬崖,峭壁