荧屏中的情景口语 第136期:天使之城 浏览货品
日期:2014-01-10 18:48

(单词翻译:单击)

荧屏情景

第20周 在超市

荧屏情景:

星期三 浏览货品 片段选自《天使之城》 City Of Angels 15:58--16:48

Seth: Have you ever been seen, Cassiel?
赛斯:有没有人看到过你,凯索?
Cassiel: You're looking at me.
凯索:你不正看着我吗?
Seth: No, not by me, and not by the dying or the delirious. Have you ever been seen...like you were a man?
赛斯:不,我不是指我,也不是指垂死或神智不清的人。有没有凡人……看到过你呢?
Cassiel: In a diner once, a blind woman turned to me all of a sudden...and asked me to pass her the mustard.
凯索:有一回在餐厅,有个盲眼妇人突然转头朝向我,要我把芥茉酱递给她。
Seth: But she was blind.
赛斯:不过,她看不见。
Cassiel: But she knew I was there.
凯索:她却知道我在那里。
Seth: That doctor in the operating room...she looked right at me.
赛斯:手术房里的那位医生……她盯着我看。
Cassiel: She didn't see you, Seth. She can't see you. No one can see you unless you want them to.
凯索:她并没在看你,赛斯。她看不到你,没人看得到你,除非你要他们看见。
Seth: And if I want her to?
赛斯:如果我要她看见呢?
Cassiel: Why do you want her to?
凯索:为什么要她看见?
Seth: To help her.
赛斯:我想帮她。

重点讲解

重点讲解:
1. all of a sudden
突然地;出乎意料地;
eg. All of a sudden she didn't look sleepy any more.
她突然看起来一点都不困了。
eg. Then, all of a sudden he was stricken and died miserably.
然后,他突然遭到惩罚,悲惨而死。
eg. Life seemed all of a sudden empty and meaningless.
生活突然显得一片空虚,毫无意义。
2. pass sb. sth./pass sth. to sb.
递;传递;
eg. Pass me that bottle.
把那个瓶子递给我。
eg. Ken passed the books to Sergeant Parrott.
肯把那些书递给帕罗特警官。
eg. Can you pass me that thing over there?
把那边那个东西递给我好吗?

分享到