荧屏中的情景口语 第318期:西装革履 选择房屋
日期:2014-10-13 16:08

(单词翻译:单击)

荧屏情景

第46周 买房

荧屏情景:

星期三 选择房屋 片段选自《西装革履》第1季第4集 Suits S01E04 25:51--26:51

Man: Hi, there. My wife and I are here to see some of the new units. Isn't that right, honey? So what do you think, sweetheart?
男:你好!我夫人和我想来看看一些新单元,是不是啊!亲爱的,你觉得怎么样啊,甜心!
Woman A: Hm, it's fine. But I think the place on 52nd better.
女甲:嗯!还好。但我觉得52街的那间更好一些。
Man: 52nd that's awful close to your mother.
男:52街,离你母亲家很近啊。
Woman A: No, no, no, we're not talking about my mother.
女甲:不不不,我们不谈我妈的事。
Man: Well, I...look, it doesn't matter to me, I mean, I love being near your mother. I love your mother.
男:我倒是没关系啊。我喜欢住得离你妈近一些,我很爱你母亲。
Woman A: So why don't you tell us something about your little building?
女甲:你何不跟我们介绍一下,这栋大厦的情况。
Woman B: Well, I think you'll find that not only are the amenities top quality, so are the tenants.
女乙:我想你们会发现,不仅我们的设施是一流的,住户也是高素质人群。
Man: That's good to hear. Yeah, 'cause we're not just looking at buying square footage, but really put down some roots.
男:那太好了。是啊,因为我们不只是要买块地方,更是要在这儿安家的。
Woman B: Well, that is such the right way to look at it.
女乙:这里正是安家的明智选择。
Woman A: Is it?
女甲:是吗?
Woman B: Yes, and I think you'll also find that the people who've bought here, they're like you. They're young, ambitious. Is there a problem? Any other questions I can answer?
女乙:是啊!你们还会发现入住的住户,他们跟你们很像——年轻,上进。有什么问题吗?有什么疑问我能回答的吗?
Man: I'm sorry. My wife here...my beautiful wife is just...gets a little paranoid sometimes, you know? You wouldn't believe how long it took her to just go out with me in the first place.
男:对不起,我老婆……我美丽的老婆有的时候会有点多疑。你懂吗?你都不会相信,我花了多长时间才让她答应跟我约会。

注:如视频无法播放,请刷新

重点讲解

重点讲解:
1. it doesn't matter
不要紧;没关系;
eg. 'Did I wake you?' — 'Yes, but it doesn't matter.'
“我把你吵醒了?”——“是的,不过没关系。”
eg. It doesn't matter how far it is; we can go by bike.
路远也不要紧,我们可以骑车去。
2. put down roots
扎根;定居;安家;
eg. When they got to Montana, they put down roots and built a life.
到了蒙大拿后,他们便在那里扎根并过上了新生活。
eg. Once I took a wife I should have to put down roots.
我一旦娶了老婆,就该过安定的生活了。
3. go out with sb.
与(异性)交往;与…谈恋爱;
eg. Will you go out with me tonight?
今晚你愿意和我约会吗?
eg. Vance has a good reputation so you should go out with him.
万斯名声很好,所以你可以和他去约会。
4. in the first place
起初;一开始;
eg. What brought you to Washington in the first place?
最初是什么让你来到华盛顿的?
eg. The emphasis is swinging away from simply finding cures for illness to ways of preventing illness in the first place...
重点正从简单地对症下药转移到先期预防的方法上来。

分享到
重点单词
  • emphasisn. 强调,重点
  • paranoidn. (=paranoiac)患妄想狂者 adj. 类似
  • qualityn. 品质,特质,才能 adj. 高品质的
  • reputationn. 声誉,好名声
  • ambitiousadj. 有雄心的,有抱负的,野心勃勃的