荧屏中的情景口语 第338期:所有美好的东西 修理管道
日期:2014-11-10 16:03

(单词翻译:单击)

荧屏情景

第49周 修理

荧屏情景:

星期二 修理管道 片段选自《所有美好的东西》 All Good Things 05:50--07:07

Katie: I was gonna make some coffee.
卡蒂:我正要煮咖啡。
David: Excuse me?
大卫:什么?
Katie: Do you want coffee? I was gonna make some.
卡蒂:你要喝咖啡吗?我正要煮咖啡。
David: No, thank you.
大卫:不用,谢谢。
Katie: Am I keeping you from something?
卡蒂:我是不是耽误你什么事儿了?
David: Yeah. But it's something I'm dreading. Hey, do you have some kind of... I don't know, something I could put under here?
大卫:嗯,不过这事儿挺让我犯愁的……嘿,你有没有什么东西……我也说不清楚,有没有什么我能放到这个下面的吗?
Katie: Uh, yeah. Here.
卡蒂:噢,有,给你。
David: So how long ago did you move in?
大卫:你搬到这里多久了?
Katie: On Sunday.
卡蒂:周日搬来的。
David: Oh. From where?
大卫:哦,你从哪里来的?
Katie: Long Island.
卡蒂:长岛。
David: Oh.
大卫:哦。
Katie: My mom's house. Are you done?
卡蒂:从我妈的房子里搬出来,你弄好了吗?
David: I think I should stop. You know? I mean... I'm not a plumber. I mean, as you might have gueesed. And I can't get a plumber in here until Monday. So, uh...
大卫:我不弄了,我是说……我不是水管工。我想,你可能已经猜到了。直到周一我才能找到水管工。

注:如视频无法播放,请刷新

重点讲解

重点讲解:
1. excuse me
对不起;请再说一遍;
eg. It's the plumber at the door.
修水管的工人在门口了。
Excuse me?
什么?
I said it's the plumber.
我说是修水管的工人。
eg. Excuse me for writing this mail to you with such tone, but I must express it like this.
请原谅我用这样的语气来写这封邮件给你,但我必须这样表达它。
2. keep sb. from sth./doing sth.
阻止(或防止、阻碍)…做;
eg. Fear is often what'll keep us from getting something done, let alone something great.
恐惧往往使我们不能把事情做好,更遑论把事情做卓越。
eg. She had to bite her lips to keep from laughter.
她只好咬着嘴唇忍住笑。
3. move in
迁入;搬来;
eg. I had the flat decorated quickly so that Philippa could move in.
我很快地把公寓粉刷了一遍,这样菲利帕就能搬进来了。
eg. We can't move in until the electricity has been laid on.
我们得等电源接通后才能搬进去。

分享到
重点单词
  • plumbern. 水管工人
  • tonen. 音调,语气,品质,调子,色调 vt. 使更健壮,装