荧屏中的情景口语 第94期:怎么又是你 打电话
日期:2013-11-11 18:52

(单词翻译:单击)

荧屏情景

第14周 在飞机上

荧屏情景:

星期三 打电话 片段选自《怎么又是你》 You Again 07:50--08:47

Marni: No. Nope.
玛尼:不行,坚决不行。
Airline stewardess: Ma'am? "Fasten your seat belt" sign's on. I need you to return to your seat.
空姐:小姐?这写着“系好安全带”呢,我需要你回到座位上去。
Marni: Mom, are you telling me Will is... Shh! Please! I've listened to your talk about how your "cats are just like people" for the last 45 minutes.
玛尼:妈妈,你是告诉我威尔……得了吧!我听你絮叨“猫咪像人类一样”有45分钟了。
Airline stewardess: Ma'am, you must remain seated. It's for your own safety.
空姐:小姐,你必须坐下来。这是为你安全着想。
Marni: Mum, hold on a moment. I'm sorry, Heather. Um. This is an emergency. My brother is about to marry the girl who single-handedly ruined my life in high school. So, if you don't mind, would you please back off? Sorry, Mom. I...
玛尼:妈妈,等一会儿。对不起,海瑟。这是紧急情况。我哥要娶那个一手毁掉我高中生活的女孩。所以,如果你不介意,能给滚远点吗?对不起,妈妈,我……
Guard: I'm sorry, do we have a problem?
安保:对不起,出什么事了?
Marni: I don't know, do we have a problem? Is your brother marrying your arch nemesis?
玛尼:我不知道啊,居然问出什么事了?你哥哥要娶你的宿敌吗?
Guard: So you didn't know it was the same girl?
安保:所以你并不知道是同一个女孩喽?
Marni: Nobody knew. My brother was a senior when I was a sophomore. I can't blame him for not keeping up with my high school soap opera.
玛尼:没人知道。我哥哥大三时,我大二。他不知道我高中时被人欺负的往事,我不怪他。
Guard: Pretzel?
安保:饼干?

重点讲解

重点讲解:
1. single-handedly
独自地;单独地;无人帮助地;单枪匹马地;
eg. I brought up my seven children single-handed.
我独自一人抚养了 7 个孩子。
eg. She changed the face of British politics almost single-handed.
她几乎是一手改变了英国政治的面貌。
2. back off
(为避免问题或冲突而)后退,避让,退缩;放弃,收回(主张、要求、承诺等);别插手;别干涉;
eg. They backed off in horror.
他们心怀恐惧地退缩了。
eg. The union has publicly backed off that demand.
工会已经公开撤回了那项要求。
eg. Back off, Mom, I'm old enough to make my own decisions!
你别管,妈妈,我已经能够自己作决定了!
3. blame sb. for sth.
因某事责怪某人;
eg. The commission is expected to blame the army for many of the atrocities.
委员会理应谴责军队的诸多暴行。
eg. She blamed him for the failure of their marriage.
她把婚姻的触礁归咎於他。
4. keep up with
(与…)齐步前进;不落后(于…);跟上;了解;熟悉;
eg. Penny tended to work through her lunch hour in an effort to keep up with her work...
为了把活儿干完,彭妮常常午饭时间也要工作。
eg. She did not bother to keep up with the news.
她不愿花时间去了解最新消息。
5. soap opera
肥皂剧;
eg. What a sensational story! It has all the elements of a soap opera.
多么耸人听闻的事!具备连续剧的一切要素。
eg. His divorce this year gripped the nation like a soap opera.
今年他的离婚事件像肥皂剧一样吸引了全国的关注。

分享到
重点单词
  • sensationaladj. 使人感动的,非常好的,轰动的,耸人听闻的
  • botherv. 使恼怒,使不安,烦扰,费心 n. 烦扰,麻烦,焦急
  • operan. 歌剧 n. 挪威Opera软件公司的浏览器软件
  • archn. 拱,拱门,拱状物 v. 成拱形,拱起 adj. 主
  • blamen. 过失,责备 vt. 把 ... 归咎于,责备
  • soapn. 肥皂 vt. 用肥皂洗,阿谀奉承
  • fastenvt. 拴紧,使固定,系,强加于 vi. 固定,系紧,抓
  • senioradj. 年长的,高级的,资深的,地位较高的 n. 年长
  • commissionn. 委员会,委托,委任,佣金,犯罪 vt. 委任,委托
  • minutesn. 会议记录,(复数)分钟