荧屏中的情景口语 第172期:美国丽人 锻炼
日期:2014-03-12 18:47

(单词翻译:单击)

荧屏情景

第25周 在健身房

荧屏情景:

星期四 锻炼 片段选自《美国丽人》 American Beauty 50:30--51:20

Carolyn: What the hell do you think you're doing?
卡若琳:你这是在干什么?
Lester: Mon's mad. Bench presses. I'm going to whale on my pecs, and then I'm going to do my back.
莱斯特:母老虎发威了,我在举重,我先练胸肌然后再练背肌。
Carolyn: I see you're smoking pot now. I'm so glad. I think using illegal psychotropic substances is a very positive example to set for our daughter.
卡若琳:你在吸大麻,那敢情好,吸食非法的违禁药物,真是给咱们女儿的好模范啊。
Lester: You're one to talk, you bloodless, money-grubbing freak.
莱斯特:你这拜金女郎凭什么教训我?
Carolyn: Lester, you have such hostility in you!
卡若琳:你怎么讲话这么毒?
Lester: Do you mind? I'm trying to work out here. Unless you want to spot me.
莱斯特:拜托,让我健身好吗?除非你想帮我。
Carolyn: Lester, you will not get away with this! You can be sure of that!
卡若琳:你一定会得到报应的!
Lester: That's... what... you... think.
莱斯特:话……别……说得……太早。

重点讲解

重点讲解:
1. work out
锻炼;健身;
eg. Work out at a gym or swim twice a week.
一周去健身房锻炼两次,或游两次泳。
eg. I work out regularly to keep fit.
我经常做运动以保持健康。
2. get away with
(做坏事而)未受惩罚;(做冒险之事而)未遭遇不测;
eg. Naturally we won't let them get away with this.
很自然,我们不会就这样放过他们。
eg. Don't think you can get away with telling lies.
不要以为你撒了谎就可以这样算了。
3. be sure of
一定的;必定的;无疑的;确保的;
eg. You're sure of a warm welcome.
你一定会受到热烈欢迎的。
eg. Since you are so sure of it he'll believe you.
既然你对此这么有把握,他会相信你的。

分享到
重点单词
  • whalen. 鲸 vi. 捕鲸 v. 鞭打,打击,打败
  • illegaladj. 不合法的,非法的 n. 非法移民
  • hostilityn. 敌意,敌对状态,公开战争
  • benchn. 长凳,工作台,法官席 vt. 坐(在长凳上)