荧屏中的情景口语 第9期:皮囊 考试不及格
日期:2013-07-02 19:39

(单词翻译:单击)

荧屏情景

荧屏情景:

考试不及格 片段选自《皮囊》第1季第5集 Skins S01E05 01:21-02:49

Teacher: Now, this is exactly what I'm talking about, Sid. OK? Lack of concentration, inability to focus, nada commitment. Now, this piece of coursework I have marked "ungraded".
老师:看看,这就是我所说的,希德,对吗?走神,不能全神贯注,压根不投入。我给这份课程作业打了个“不及格”。
Father: Ungraded? What?
父亲:不及格?是什么?
Teacher: I can't pass him with this mark.
老师:这个分数,就是说我不能让他通过。
Father: Fucking hell!
父亲:真他妈该死!
Teahcer: Mark... Mark, please. With his mark... Not you, Mark, this mark... you have failed the entire year.
老师:马克……马克,请你……得了这个分……不是指你,马克,我指的是这个分数。你整个一学年就都白上了!
Father: He's what?
父亲:他,什么?
Teaher: He's failed the entire year.
老师:他整个这一年都浪费了。
Father: Sid, you... sidding... idiot!
父亲:希德,你……这个白痴!
Teacher: Ah, hold on, there's no need to panic. Because I fought for you, Sid, I really did, and got you an extension. It was hard, but I worked at it, and I got it. Right?
老师:啊,等待,别紧张,因为我为你争取了。希德,我真的已经为你争取了一个机会。这可不容易,但我想方设法办到了。好吧?
Father: Got what right?
父亲:办到了什么?
Teacher: No, I got it. Right?
老师:不是,是我争取来的机会。明白了?
Sid: Thanks... Tom.
希德:谢谢……汤姆。
Teacher: So... 2,000 words on Lech Walesa, Solidarity and the collapse of Soviet power.
老师:所以,写两千字关于列赫·专文萨、(波兰劳工领袖政治家)团结工会、苏联政权的瓦解。
Father: Jesus Christ!
父亲:我的上帝啊!
Teacher: You've got two days. Get your head down.
老师:你有两天时间,埋头苦干吧。
Father: You better fucking believe he's getting his head down. You can say goodbye to sunshine. Sunshine. You are grounded.
父亲:你他妈最好相信他会埋头苦干。你可以和阳光告别了,暗无天日,你被关禁闭了。
Teacher: Put it this way. Let's change and develop. OK?
老师:不如这样,让我们改过自新,怎么样?
Mother: Thanks, Tom. We're all very grateful for this second chance. Aren't we, Mark?
母亲:谢谢你,汤姆。你能再次给他机会,我们一家都很感激。对吧,马克?
Father: Yes. Thank you very much.
父亲:是的,非常感谢。

单词与短语

单词与短语:
1. commitment n. 承诺,保证
eg. We made a commitment to keep working together...
我们承诺继续合作。
eg. They made a commitment to peace.
他们承诺要维护和平。
2. ungraded adj. 劣质的,没有分等级的
eg. You can revert any ungraded assignment back to draft status.
您可以把任何未打分的作业恢复成草稿的状态。
eg. The vegetables I just bought are all ungraded goods.
我新买进的蔬菜都是统货。
3. idiot n. 笨蛋,白痴
eg. I knew I'd been an idiot to stay there...
我知道我呆在这里很蠢。
eg. You're an idiot!
你是个白痴!
4. collapse v. 倒塌,瓦解
eg. Most of the deaths were caused by landslides and collapsing buildings.
大部分死亡是由山体滑坡和建筑倒塌造成的。
eg. His business empire collapsed under a massive burden of debt...
他的商业帝国无力承担沉重的债务负担而垮掉了。
5. be grounded 关禁闭
eg. He is always grounded by his parents for a week.
他常常被父母禁足一周。
eg. That's why you are grounded for two months!
这就是为什么你被禁足两个月!

分享到
重点单词
  • collapsen. 崩溃,倒塌,暴跌 v. 倒塌,崩溃,瓦解,折叠
  • assignmentn. 分配,功课,任务,被指定的(课外)作业;(分派的)
  • revertvi. 恢复,复归,回到
  • commitmentn. 承诺,保证; 确定,实行
  • groundedadj. [物]接地的;有基础的 v. 停(ground
  • massiveadj. 巨大的,大规模的,大量的,大范围的
  • concentrationn. 集中,专心,浓度
  • solidarityn. 团结
  • draftn. 草稿,草图,汇票,徵兵 vt. 起草,征兵,选秀
  • panicn. 恐慌 adj. 惊慌的 vt. 使 ... 惊慌