荧屏中的情景口语 第170期:生活大爆炸 交谈
日期:2014-03-10 17:56

(单词翻译:单击)

荧屏情景

第25周 在健身房

荧屏情景:

星期二 交谈 片段选自《生活大爆炸》第5季第4集 The Big Bang Theory S05E04 13:40--14:49

Howard: Yeah, this is a bad idea. We should go.
霍华德:这主意不好,我们走吧。
Penny: No. I'm the one that introduced him to her. I've got to say something. You're engaged to my friend.
佩妮:不,是我把她介绍给他的。我有必要说些什么。你和我的朋友订婚了。
Howard: Hey, Bernadette doesn't mind where I get my motor running, as long as I park in the right garage.
霍华德:伯纳黛特才不会介意我花心,只要我按时“回家”就行。
Penny: I can't believe you're engaged to my friend. Oh, here she comes.
佩妮:真不敢相信,你和我的朋友订婚了。她来了。
Howard: Smart. Whisper so the deaf chick can't hear you.
霍华德:真聪明,小声说话,聋女就听不见了。
Penny: Hi.
佩妮:嗨!
Howard: Nice to see you.
霍华德:很高兴见到你。
Penny: Um, can we talk to you about Raj?
佩妮:我们可以谈一谈拉杰吗?
Howard: She says, "Sure, what about him?"
霍华德:她说,当然,他怎么了?
Penny: Okay, um, gosh, how do I start? Um, see, Raj is kind of naive, I mean, he hasn't dated a whole lot of women. And I'm concerned that, without meaning to you might be taking advantage of him. You know, by letting him buy you a bunch of expensive things. And I-I... Howard, focus. Tell her what I'm saying.
佩妮:从哪说起呢?听我说,拉杰很天真。我是说他之前并没有和很多女孩交往过。而且我很担心你无心之中会占他便宜,比如让他给你买很多贵重的礼物。我想说……霍华德!别走神,告诉她我在说什么。
Howard: Right. Are you a gold digger or not?
霍华行:好的,你是不是想骗他钱?

重点讲解

重点讲解:
1. introduce sb. to sb.
介绍;引荐;使相互认识;
eg. Emboldened by the wine, he went over to introduce himself to her.
他借酒壮胆,走上前去向她作自我介绍。
eg. She introduced me to her friend.
她把我介绍给她的朋友。
2. as long as
只要;
eg. My mistake won't be discovered as long as nobody tells on me.
只要没人告发我,我的错误就不会被发现。
eg. As long as you can keep away from them, you're safe.
只要你离他们远一点,你就会安全。
3. a whole lot of
很多的;许多许多的;
eg. And that should save a whole lot of power.
这样应该可以节省很多能量。
eg. It takes a whole lot of guts to quit a high paying job.
辞去一份高薪的工作真的需要很大的勇气。
4. without meaning to
无意;
eg. Because many times we hurt people spiellings or do the wrong thing without meaning to.
因为我们常因言辞或不当行为无意伤害到别人。
eg. You might offend people without meaning to.
你可能会无意间开罪人。
5. take advantage of
占…的便宜;欺骗;捉弄;
eg. It never occurred to me to take advantage of him.
我决没有想到过要占他的便宜。
eg. Some people will take advantage of you, but most will not.
有些人会利用你,但是大多数不会。
6. gold digger
拜金女;淘金者;
eg. She is gold digger,if you have money everything will be all right.
她是个淘金女郎,只要你有钱,一切都行。
eg. Growing male frustrations have given rise to a new female archetype gold-digger.
越来越多受挫折的男性已经催生出新一代女性形象:拜金女。

分享到
重点单词
  • chickadj. 胆小的,懦弱的 n. 小鸡
  • archetypen. 原型
  • advantagen. 优势,有利条件 vt. 有利于
  • naiveadj. 天真的,幼稚的
  • engagedadj. 忙碌的,使用中的,订婚了的
  • concernedadj. 担忧的,关心的
  • offendvt. 犯罪,冒犯 vi. 令人不适,违反
  • smartadj. 聪明的,时髦的,漂亮的,敏捷的,轻快的,整洁的
  • whispern. 低语,窃窃私语,飒飒的声音 vi. 低声说,窃窃私