荧屏中的情景口语 第2期:摩登家庭 学做家务
日期:2013-06-21 19:02

(单词翻译:单击)

荧屏情景

荧屏情景:

学做家务 片段选自《摩登家庭》第1季第18集 Modern Family S01E18 05:25-06:01


Claire: Okay, it's egg-crackin' time. Now, I find the key to crack an egg properly.
克莱尔:好咯,先来打鸡蛋。我有个打蛋的小诀窍。
Haley: Mom, I'm not a child. I can do it.
海莉:妈妈,我又不是孩子了,我能搞定的。
Claire: Okay. Okay.
克莱尔:好吧,好吧。
Haley: My mom's not dumb. You can't just ask her to do something for you. You have to very carefully put the cheese in the trap. Uh, oops. I got a little shell in the bowl.
海莉:我妈机灵着呢。绝不能直接要她帮你。一定要小心的设置圈套。哦,哦,蛋壳也弄碗里去了。
Claire: And when, when that happens, I find that... I like to not dig it out.
克莱尔:这种情况下呢,我有个办法……不要下手。
Haley: I got it. It's okay. It's right here. Oh, that's... that's really gross.
海莉:没事的,抠到了。老天,恶心死了。
Claire: Okay, I'm gonna... I'll do this. You just... Mop up.
克莱尔:听我的,还是我来吧。你快去……擦擦手。
Haley: And... Snap! Is it bad that I feel sorry for her?
海莉:中计咯!该不该可怜她咧?

单词与短语
单词与短语:
1. crack v. 使破裂,打开
eg. A gas main had cracked under my neighbour's garage and gas had seeped into our homes.
邻居车库下面的煤气总管裂开了,煤气渗入了我们家。
eg. The glass will crack if you pour boiled water into it .
一倒进去滚开水,这个玻璃杯就会破裂。
2. dumb adj. 不说话的,无声音的
eg. I've met a lot of dumb people.
我遇到过很多笨蛋。
eg. We were all struck dumb for a minute.
一时间我们惊讶得哑口无言。
3. put the cheese in the trap 设圈套
eg. You need to put the cheese in the trap and induce him.
你需要设置圈套引诱他。
4. gross adj. 恶劣的
eg. They had a commercial on the other night for Drug Free America that was so gross I thought Daddy was going to faint.
他们前几天晚上为“美国远离毒品”组织播的那则广告非常恶心,我觉得爸爸看了都快晕过去了。
eg. He wears really gross holiday outfits.
他穿着十分难看的节日服装。
5. mop up 擦,抹
eg. When the washing machine spurts out water at least we can mop it up.
洗衣机喷出水时,我们至少能把水抹干。
eg. Michael mopped up quickly with his napkin.
迈克尔迅速用餐巾将其揩干。
6. snap
依据语境,表示上当,中计的意思。

分享到
重点单词
  • trapn. 圈套,陷阱,困境,双轮轻便马车 v. 设圈套,陷入
  • commercialadj. 商业的 n. 商业广告
  • inducevt. 引起,引诱,导致
  • shelln. 壳,外壳 v. 去壳,脱落,拾贝壳 n.[计
  • crackv. 崩溃,失去控制,压碎,使裂开,破解,开玩笑 n.
  • faintn. 昏厥,昏倒 adj. 微弱的,无力的,模糊的 v.
  • bowln. 碗,碗状物,季后赛,圆形露天剧场 v. 打保龄球,