荧屏中的情景口语 第127期:生活大爆炸 挑选礼物
日期:2013-12-27 18:19

(单词翻译:单击)

荧屏情景

第19周 在商场

荧屏情景:

星期一 挑选礼物 片段选自《生活大爆炸》第2季第11集 The Big Bang Theory S02E11 10:27--11:32

Sheldon: I don't see anything in here a woman would want.
谢尔丹:我真看不出,这里有什么东西会是女人想要的。
Howard: You're kidding. You've got lotions and bath oils and soaps. I mean, that's the estrogen "hat trick".
霍华德:你开玩笑吧。这里有润肤露,沐浴精油,还有肥皂。那就是雌激素“帽子戏法”。
Sheldon: What it is a cacophonous assault of eucalyptus, bayberry, cinnamon and vanilla. It's as if my head were trapped in the pajamas of a sultan.
谢尔丹:这完全就是桉树,香树,肉桂和香草的粗鲁侵袭嘛。就像我的脑袋被某个苏丹的睡衣包住了一样。
Raj: Sheldon, if you don't like this stuff, let's just go next door and build her a bear.
拉杰:谢尔丹,如果你不喜欢这些东西,我们就到隔壁去给她做一个熊就好了啊。
Sheldon: I told you before, bears are terrifying.
谢尔丹:我告诉过你了,熊很可怕啊。
Howard: Come on, bath stuff. It's perfect! You got a scented candle, a cleansing buff, a spearmint and green tea scented bath oil, promotes relaxation.
霍华德:拜托,洗浴的东西很完美啊。这里是有香味的蜡烛,一个洗浴擦,绿薄荷和绿茶味的洗浴精油,促进放松情绪。
Sheldon: That presupposes Penny is tense.
谢尔丹:那是假定佩妮很紧张。
Raj: She knows you. She's tense. We all are. Buy a basket!
拉杰:她认识你,她肯定紧张。我们全都很紧张,就买这个篮子吧。
Howard: Excuse me, we're ready.
霍华德:不好意思,我们选好了。
Sheldon: No, we're not. Let's say for a moment that I accept the bath item gift hypothesis, I now lay the following conundrum at your feet: Which size?
谢尔丹:不,我们可没选好。假设我同意接受买这个洗浴物品当礼品的提议,我现在要给你丢出这样一个难题,买多大的?
Howard: This one. Let's go.
霍华德:就这个,我们走吧。
Sheldon: You put no thought into that.
谢尔丹:你说这话连想都没想啊。
Howard: I'm sorry. Uh... this one. Let's go!
霍华德:对不起。嗯……就这个,我们走。

重点讲解>

重点讲解:
1. hat trick
(尤指体育比赛中的)连中三元,帽子戏法;
eg. I scored a hat-trick against Arsenal.
我在和阿森纳队的比赛中上演了帽子戏法。
eg. But what most lets Bonawu excited is the Vander Fatt's hat trick.
但最让伯纳乌兴奋的还是范德法特的帽子戏法。
2. as if
好像;仿佛;
eg. Anne shrugged, as if she didn't know.
安妮耸了耸肩,好像她并不知晓。
eg. I can remember our wedding as if it were yesterday.
我们的婚礼我记忆犹新,就像昨天一样。
3. presuppose
预先假定;以…为前提;以…为先决条件;
eg. All your arguments presuppose that he's a rational, intelligent man.
你所有论点的前提都是他是一个理性而聪明的人。
eg. The end of an era presupposes the start of another.
一个时代的结束意味着另一个时代的开始。
4. let's say
比如说;比方说;假定;
eg. Let's say you miss the train, what do you plan to do?
假定你赶不上火车,你准备怎么办?
eg. Let's say that manager produces annual return of 8 %.
假设该经理人每年能够得到8%的投资回报。
5. for a moment
片刻,一会儿;霎时之间;
eg. For a moment I thought I was having hallucinations.
一时间我以为我产生了幻觉。
eg. He was silent for a moment, then began his answer.
他沉默了一会儿,然后开始回答。

分享到
重点单词
  • vanillan. 香草 adj. 香草的,平淡的,乏味的
  • hypothesisn. 假设,猜测,前提
  • relaxationn. 松弛,放松,消遣
  • assaultn. 攻击,突袭 vt. 袭击,突袭
  • eucalyptusn. 桉树
  • conundrumn. 谜语,难题
  • candlen. 蜡烛