荧屏中的情景口语 第43期:律政巾帼 家庭会议
日期:2013-08-22 18:14

(单词翻译:单击)

荧屏情景

第7周 开会

荧屏情景:

星期一 家庭会议 片段选自《律政巾帼》 第1季第9集 The Good Wife S01E09 08:56--10:05

Mother: Okay, this won't take long.
妈妈:好吧。这不会太长。
Boy: It's Okay, Mom, really.
儿子:没事的,老妈,真的。
Girl: No one's saying anything.
女儿:没人有意见。
Mother: All right, well, then, just listen for my sake. I want you to know what's true and what's not. I don't know what your father told this woman, and I can't stop her from saying what she's saying, but I can always tell you the truth, and none of this is true.
妈妈:好,那看我面子上听着。我想让你们分清事实,我不知道你父亲和那个女人说了什么,我不能捂着她嘴不让她说,但我总能告诉你们事实。那就是这都是假的。
Boy: Thanks, Mom.
儿子:谢谢,老妈。
Girl: What does dad say is true?
女儿:那老爸说的什么是真的?
Mother: I don't know.
妈妈:我不知道。
Girl: He hasn't talked to you?
女儿:他还没联系你?
Mother: He... He tried, but I haven't returned his call.
妈妈:他打过电话,但我没打回去。
Boy: Why?
儿子:为什么?
Mother: I've... I've been angry.
妈妈:我……还是有点生气。
Boy: But if it's untrue...
儿子:但这件事是假的话……
Girl: It's still true that he slept with her.
女儿:他和她睡过还是真的啊。
Boy: Yeah, but he already apologized for that.
儿子:是的,但是他已经道过歉了啊。
Girl: It doesn't make it any less wrong.
女儿:道过歉,也不能纠正错误的。
Mother: Okay, okay, it was my mistake. I should have called him back and I will. I will talk to your dad.
妈妈:好了,好了,是我的错。我应该打给他,我会打的。我会找你们爸爸谈的。
Boy: Why don't we talk to him, ask him everything?
儿子:为什么不能由我们来跟他问清楚?
Girl: What, like if he had a three-way?
女儿:问什么?他是不是有过“三向”?
Boy: It's not a three-way, it's a threesome.
儿子:不是“三向”,是三人游戏。
Girl: Yeah, but you can still say "three-way."
女儿:才不是。
Boy: No, you can't.
儿子:就是。
Mother: Okay. Family meeting's over.
妈妈:好了,家庭会议结束。

单词与短语

单词与短语:
1. for sb.'s sake
出于某人的考虑,看在某人的面子上,为了某人起见;也可以说for the sake of
eg. I trust you to do a good job for Stan's sake.
我拜托你看在斯坦的份上好好干。
eg. For God' s sake don' t worry me.
看在上帝份上,别使我不得安宁。
eg. For safety's sake, never stand directly behind a horse.
为安全起见,千万别站在马的正后方。
eg. You've got a computer system, for heaven's sake.
天啊,你已经装了计算机系统。
eg. Never do wrong for the sake of money.
绝不要为金钱而做坏事。
2. stop sb. from doing sth.
阻止某人做某事;
eg. I only just managed to stop myself from shouting at him.
我极力控制住自己没对他喊叫起来。
eg. There was that rush of energy and excitement and it seemed like there was nothing that could stop you from moving forward.
那股能量与激情鼓舞着你,让你觉得什么都不能阻拦你去追求梦想
3. return one's call
给某人回电话
eg. It is fitting that you should return his call.
你去回拜他是适当的。
eg. Ask him to return my call when he arrives home, please.
他到家后,请叫他给我回个电话。

分享到