荧屏中的情景口语 第294期:练习时光
日期:2014-09-03 16:56

(单词翻译:单击)

练习时光

Practice Time
练习时光
Lisa: Pass me the paper. I'll check the listings to see what's on.
丽莎:把报纸拿给我。我要查节目表看看现在正在播什么节目。
Jim: Here you are. If you want to watch a talk show, I think News Square is on later.
吉姆:拿去。假如你想看脱口秀,等一下新闻广场会播。
Lisa: No, I'm not in the mood for that. They speak too quickly, and I can't read the subtitles quickly enough. But Pao Ching Tien, a soap opera, is just starting on channel 20, or there is a sports program on 22.
丽莎:不,我没有兴趣看那个节目。他们说得太快,我根本来不及看字幕,不过《包青天》这出电视剧正在二十频道上映,要不然二十二频道还有一个体育节目。
Jim: No! You made me sit through the last episode of Pao Ching Tien. It bored me to tears. And I'm not interested in sports shows. They make me feel guilty about not exercising.
吉姆:不,你上次要我坐着看完《包青天》的最后一集,我觉得无聊透了。而且我对体育节目也没兴趣,那会使我因为没运动而自责。
Lisa: How about a comedy. The Cosby Show is on channel 18, but, it is about half-way through, or there is also the third part of that six-part documentary series about Yang Ming Shan National Park on Channel 2.
丽莎:那看喜剧怎么样?《天才老爹》正在十八频道上映,但它正播到一半,或者看阳明山公园的六集纪录片系列,现在正在二频道播出第三集。
Jim: Quick! Call the doctor. I'm about to die of boredom. Are there any movies on?
吉姆:快点!叫医生来,我要无聊死了,现在播映电影吗?
Lisa: There's one starting in about three quarters of an hour, but it clashes with my favorite Quiz Show. We could fight about it!
丽莎:大约四十五分钟后有一场电影,但它和我最喜欢的智力问答节目时间冲突。我们可有架要打了。
Jim: I've got the remote control.
吉姆:我已经拿到遥控器了。

重点讲解

重点讲解:
1. be in the mood for sth.
有心情(做某事);
eg. After a day of air and activity, you should be in the mood for a good meal...
你在户外活动了一天,应该很想好好吃一顿。
eg. I am not in the mood for joking.
我没有心思开玩笑。
2. sit through
坐着挨到(电影、讲座、会议等)结束;
eg. We had to sit through several tedious speeches.
我们只得坐在那里听著几个乏味的讲演。
eg. The children are too young to sit through a concert.
这些孩子太小,音乐会没完就坐不住了。
3. bore sb. to tears
使厌烦透顶;使烦得要命;
eg. I'm bored to tears by their complaining all the time.
他们老是埋怨真叫我厌烦透了。
eg. Judy 's boyfriend took her to a cricket match last Saturday; she says it bored her to tears.
上周六朱迪的男朋友带她去看板球比赛,她说那使她无聊的要命。
4. be interested in
感兴趣的;有兴趣的;关心的;
eg. We're interested in the source of these fictitious rumours.
我们对这些子虚乌有的谣言从何而来很感兴趣。
eg. But she was not interested in the finished product.
但是对最后的成,她毫无兴趣。
5. be about to do sth.
即将(做…)的;快要(发生…)的;
eg. Ellen's face wrinkles as if she is about to sneeze.
艾伦的脸皱了起来,好像要打喷嚏。
eg. Not before time, that is about to change.
那一切总算要变了。
6. die of
死于(疾病、过度悲伤等);
eg. Her father and her brothers would die of shame.
她父亲和她的兄弟们会羞愧死。
eg. Many people die of starvation during famines every year.
每年发生饥荒时都有许多人饿死。

分享到
重点单词
  • checkn. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案
  • guiltyadj. 有罪的,内疚的
  • sneezen. 喷嚏 vi. 打喷嚏
  • operan. 歌剧 n. 挪威Opera软件公司的浏览器软件
  • remoteadj. 偏僻的,遥远的,远程的,(感情等)距离很大 n
  • soapn. 肥皂 vt. 用肥皂洗,阿谀奉承
  • comedyn. 喜剧,滑稽,幽默事件
  • starvationn. 饿死,饥饿
  • borevt. 使厌烦 n. 讨厌的人,麻烦事 v. 钻孔,开凿
  • concertn. 音乐会,一致,和谐 vt. 制定计划,通过协商达成