荧屏中的情景口语 第221期:老爸老妈浪漫史 万圣节
日期:2014-05-22 18:01

(单词翻译:单击)

荧屏情景

第32周 在节假日

荧屏情景:

星期四 万圣节 片段选自《老爸老妈浪漫史》第1季第6集 How I Met Your Mother S01E06 12:00--12:32

Ted: Barney? What, you're back?
泰德:巴尼?怎么,你又回来了?
Barney: That's right.
巴尼:你说对了。
Ted: In a totally new costume.
泰德:穿着全新的服装?
Barney: Every Halloween I bring a spare costume, in case I strike out with the hottest girl at the party. That way I have a second chance to make a first impression. What's with the face?
巴尼:每个万圣节我都带着一套多余的服装,以防在派对上被人气最高的女孩踢出局,这样我就可以有第二次机会留下第一印象。你表情怎么回事?
Ted: It's half you're pathetic, half I have to pee.
泰德:一边是对你的同情,一边是我想上厕所。
Barney: So go to the bathroom.
巴尼:那就去厕所啊。
Ted: No, there's a huge line. I don't want to miss the "slutty pumpkin."
泰德:不,那要排长队,我不想错过“放浪南瓜妹”。
Barney: So pee off the roof.
巴尼:那就从楼顶上尿下去。

重点讲解

重点讲解:
1. in case
以备;以防;免得;
eg. Note down her telephone number in case you forget.
把她的电话号码记下来,以防忘记。
eg. In case I forget, please remind me about it.
我要忘了就请提醒我一下。
eg. Keep the window closed in case it rains.
把窗户关好,以防下雨。
2. strike out
出局;失败;不成功;
eg. It will ruin nations and in their ruin they will strike out.
这将令国家毁灭,在毁灭的过程中,它们将会出局。
eg. The lawyer admitted that he was the firm's second lawyer. The first one had struck out completely.
该律师承认其为该公司的第二任律师。第一任已经干砸了。
eg. I think you have to try. You won't strike out every time.
我想你最好还是试一试,你不会每次都失败的。

分享到
重点单词
  • striken. 罢工,打击,殴打 v. 打,撞,罢工,划燃
  • spareadj. 多余的,闲置的,备用的,简陋的 v. 抽出,饶
  • costumen. 服装,剧装 vt. 提供服装,为 ... 设计服装
  • impressionn. 印象,效果
  • ruinv. 毁灭,毁坏,破产 n. 毁灭,崩溃,废墟