荧屏中的情景口语 第156期:摩登家庭 看病
日期:2014-02-18 19:10

(单词翻译:单击)

荧屏情景

第23周 在医院

荧屏情景:

星期二 看病 片段选自《摩登家庭》第1季第6集 Modern Family S01E06 11:47--12:57

Doctor Miura: Hi. I'm Dr. Miura. I'm on call today. Looks like we have a little head bump.
三浦医生:嗨,我是三浦医生。我今天值班,看起来有个撞头事件。
Mitchell: Yeah, it happened a couple hours ago on a doorjamb.
米歇尔:是啊,几小时前撞到了门框上。
Doctor Miura: Oh, ouch.
三浦医生:哎哟。
Mitchell: We used to do this thing in school, where they would give you an egg, and you...you know, you couldn't break it. And it was supposed to teach you how hard it was to be a parent. But... The real thing, it's...it's...it's so much harder.
米歇尔:在学校时,我们曾学过这个。他们给你个鸡蛋,你不能打烂它,这是教我们做父母有多么艰难。但是……真做了才发现,要难很多很多。
Cam: We did that in my school, too. It didn't turn out so well. Went through a dozen eggs.
卡姆:我们学校也有。但结果不怎么好,用掉了一打鸡蛋。
Mitchell: Yeah, well, he's a nervous eater.
米歇尔:呃,他一紧张就猛吃的。
Cam: No, I broke a dozen eggs.
卡姆:不是,我打碎了一打鸡蛋。
Mitchell: Oh. I'm sorry. I just assumed that...
米歇尔:哦,对不起,我刚以为……
Cam: I know. I know what you assumed.
卡姆:我知道。我知道你在想什么。
Doctor Miura: There doesn't seem to be any mark.
三浦医生:看不到有什么伤痕。
Cam: Well, her head was... Somewhat protected.
卡姆:呃,她头有东西保护着。
Doctor Miura: Protected? Was she wearing a hat?
三浦医生:保护?她戴着帽子么?
Mitchell: Yes, yes. It was like a hat.
米歇尔:是啊,算是顶帽子吧。
Cam: It was a wig. Actually, sort of a ghetto-fabulous afro thing. I thought it might be medically relevant.
卡姆:是顶假发,一顶非洲爆炸假发。我怕会有什么医学上的联系嘛。
Mitchell: Really? You though "ghetto-fabulous" might be medically relevant?
米歇尔:是吗?你觉得“爆炸头”会有医学上的联系?
Doctor Miura: Maybe I should just finish with the exam?
三浦医生:让我先检查完,好吧?
Cam: Yes. Thanks. You'll be pleased to know that Mitchell and I intend on raising Lily with influences from her Asian heritage.
卡姆:嗯,谢谢。我想你知道的话会很高兴的,米歇尔和我打算用亚洲传统来养育莉莉。

重点讲解

重点讲解:
1. on call
随时待命的;随叫随到的;
eg. In theory I'm on call day and night.
从理论上说,我现在昼夜待命。
eg. The nurse is on call tonight.
这位护士今天晚上值班。
2. be supposed to do sth.
应当,应该做某事;认为;
eg. I'm supposed to be there at five.
我得五点钟到那儿。
eg. 'The President cannot be disturbed,' his son is supposed to have told an early morning caller.
“校长不能见客,”他的儿子应该已经这样告知了一位一大清早就来了的拜访者。
3. turn out
(以某种方式)发生;最后是;结果是;
eg. Sometimes things don't turn out the way we think they're going to.
有时事情并不像我们认为的那样发展。
eg. I was positive things were going to turn out fine.
我确信事情最终会好起来的。
4. be pleased to do sth.
高兴(做…)的;乐意(做…)某事;
eg. We will be pleased to answer any questions you may have.
我们将很乐意回答你们可能想问的任何问题。
eg. I shall be very pleased to help you in every way I can.
我将很高兴地尽我所能来帮助你。

分享到
重点单词
  • relevantadj. 相关的,切题的,中肯的
  • intendvt. 想要,计划,打算,意指
  • assumedadj. 假装的;假定的
  • lilyadj. 纯白的 n. 百合花