荧屏中的情景口语 第227期:好汉两个半 家人聚餐
日期:2014-05-31 14:21

(单词翻译:单击)

荧屏情景

第33周 在餐馆

荧屏情景:

星期三 家人聚餐 片段选自《好汉两个半》第8季经7集 Two and a Half Men S08E07 02:14--03:13

Charlie: So what's the occasion for you two?
查理:你们两个为什么在这儿?
Alan: No occasion. Can't a son invite his mom to lunch?
艾伦:不为什么,难道儿子不能请她妈吃顿午饭吗?
Evelyn: He needs money.
伊芙琳:他缺钱。
Alan: No, no. But if you're lookin' to give some away I'm not gonna turn it down.
艾伦:才不是,不过如果你想给我一点儿,我是不会拒绝的。
Evelyn: You're a dermatologist. How do I get rid of a 170-pound skin tag?
伊芙琳:你是个皮肤科医生,所以我怎样才能摆脱这个170磅的皮赘?
Alan: Excuse me, 164.
艾伦:打扰一下,是164磅。
Charlie: Really? That's the part you object to?
查理:真的?这就是你抗议的点?
Alan: Would you like to be called a 200-pound drunk?
艾伦:你愿意被叫做200磅的醉鬼?
Charlie: 180.
查理:180磅。
Alan: See?
艾伦:明白了吧?
Charlie: Yeah, well, better a lush than a leech.
查理:是的,不过酒鬼好过寄生虫。
Alan: At least a leech doesn't miss his mother's birthday in a drunken blackout.
艾伦:至少寄生虫没有因为醉晕过去,而错过他母亲的生日。
Charlie: Yes, but when the lush wakes up, he can buy her a nice gift with his own money.
查理:没错,可是当酒鬼醒了之后,他能用自己的钱给她买漂亮的礼物。
Evelyn: He can, but he doesn't.
伊芙琳:他是可以,可是他没有。
Charlie: He doesn't because you wouldn't appreciate it anyway.
查理:他没有买是因为无论怎样,你从来都不会感激。
Evelyn: Let's not start with appreciation. Did I ever get a thank you for bearing you and raising you all by myself?
伊芙琳:我们还是别说感恩了,我是因为独自生你、养你而得到一句“谢谢你”吗?
Alan: Thank you, Mommy.
艾伦:谢谢你,妈咪。
Evelyn: Give it a rest. I'll write you a check.
伊芙琳:消停下吧,我给你写张支票。
Alan: Thank you, Mommy.
艾伦:谢谢你,妈咪。

重点讲解

重点讲解:
1. be looking to do sth.
打算;准备; 计划做某事;
eg. We're not looking to make a fortune.
我们没打算大赚一笔。
eg. He is looking to improve on his admittedly modest achievements so far.
迄今为止,他的成就的确不算大,他打算更进一步。
2. give away
赠送;捐赠;
eg. We have six copies of the book to give away.
这本书我们要赠送6本出去。
eg. He wants to give away all his modern possessions and return to nature.
他要舍弃一切时髦的东西而归真返璞。
3. turn down
拒绝(某人或其请求、提议等);
eg. She turned down every offer of help.
别人提出的帮助他都拒绝了。
eg. relish the challenge of doing jobs that others turn down.
我喜欢挑战别人拒绝做的工作。
4. get rid of
摆脱;甩掉;赶走;
eg. He latched onto us and we couldn't get rid of him.
他缠着我们,甩也甩不掉。
eg. The more the boss tries to get rid of her, the more she digs in.
老板越是想开除她,她就越是拼命保住自己的地位。
5. object to sth./doing sth.
不喜欢;不赞成;反对;
eg. I object to the plan on the grounds that it is too expensive.
我反对该项计划,理由是花费太大。
eg. I object to being fastened on in that way.
我反对那样被人纠缠不休。
6. start with
开始;着手;
eg. Let's start with the more easily addressable issues.
我们先从较容易处理的问题着手。
eg. To work out a plan, one has to start with investigation.
制定计划要从调查研究入手。
7. give sth. a rest
暂停;暂时不做;
eg. Give it a rest, will you? We're trying to get some sleep.
你安静一下,好吗?我们想睡一会儿。
eg. I think you ought to give football a rest for a time.
我认为你应该暂时停止踢足球。

分享到
重点单词
  • appreciationn. 欣赏,感激,鉴识,评价,增值
  • checkn. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案
  • dermatologistn. 皮肤科医生;皮肤学者
  • appreciatevt. 欣赏,感激,赏识 vt. 领会,充分意识 vi.
  • lushadj. 苍翠繁茂的,多青草的,丰富的 n. 酒,酒鬼