(单词翻译:单击)
荧屏情景
第42周 在看电视
荧屏情景:
星期二 电视访谈 片段选自《真爱至上》 Love Actually 01:06:25--01:06:55
Host: This must be a very exciting moment for you, fighting for the Christmas number one. How's it looking so far?
主持人:你一定很兴奋,努力争取冠军宝座。情况如何?
Guest: Very bad indeed. Blue are outselling me five to one, but I'm hoping for a late surge. And if I reach number one, I promise to sing a song...stark naked on TV on Christmas Eve.
嘉宾:情况不妙,布鲁的销量比我多四倍,不过我希望能迎头赶上。如果我得了冠军,我答应圣诞夜在电视上全裸献唱。
Host: Do you mean that?
主持人:你是说真的?
Guest: Well, of course I mean it, Michael. Do you want a preview, you old flirt?
嘉宾:当然了,想先睹为快吗,老色鬼?
注:如视频无法播放,请刷新
重点讲解
重点讲解:
1. fight for
(为…而)斗争;努力争取;
eg. The man put up a valiant fight for victory.
这个人为了赢得胜利进行了英勇的斗争。
eg. We'll continue to fight for a decent standard of living for our members.
我们会继续努力,争取使我们的成员过上体面的生活。
2. so far
迄今为止;到目前为止;
eg. So far I have no regrets.
到目前为止,我并不后悔。
eg. I wasn't too happy with what I'd written so far.
我对于目前已写完的这些并不太满意。
3. promise to do sth.
承诺;保证;答应;
eg. Don't worry about the damage; I promise to square it up.
别为这损失担心,我保证赔偿。
eg. They promise to send us the design in a week.
他们答应一周后将图案寄来。