(单词翻译:单击)
荧屏情景
第13周 在机场
荧屏情景:
星期三 飞机起飞 片段选自《高空飞行》 Altitude 10:38--11:33
Sara: You're not afraid to fly, are you?
萨拉:你不会是怕坐飞机吧?
Broadcast: Antioch 520, wind is 330 at 7. Turn right onto taxiway Bravo and hold. 520, additional traffic will be departing shortly, runway 15 left. 6 Echo Whiskey cleared to land runway 3. Be aware of flying traffic at 1:00.
广播:安提俄克520号,风向330,时速7节,右转弯2号跑道等候。520号,加班航班即刻起飞,15号跑道左。6EW号航班可以降落3号跑道,注意一点钟方向的飞机。
Mell: Sara! Is it always so noisy? Sara!
梅尔:萨拉!飞机一直都这么吵吗?萨拉!
Sara: What!
萨拉:什么事?
Mell: Is it always this noisy? I don't want to have to dub everything, you know?
梅尔:飞机一直都这么吵?我不想回头再配音。
Sara: It won't be so bad once we're up in the air.
萨拉:升空后就不会这么糟糕了。
Bruce: Dub everything? Are you serious?
布鲁斯:配音?你玩真的啊?
Mell: I just wanted some better material for my reel.
梅尔:我只想拍到更好的素材。
Bruce: What and this is better material?
布鲁斯:怎么?这是更好的素材?
Mell: Don't worry... I'll edit you out.
梅尔:放心,我会帮你剪辑了。
Cole: By any means necessary?
科尔:不择手段?
重点讲解
重点讲解:
1. be afraid to do sth.
害怕;恐惧做某事;
eg. I'm still afraid to sleep in my own bedroom.
我还是不敢在自己的卧室里睡觉。
eg. He who rides a tiger is afraid to dismount.
骑虎难下。
2. be aware of sth.
知道的;明白的;注意到的;察觉到的;意识到的;
eg. Smokers are well aware of the dangers to their own health.
吸烟的人都知道吸烟对自身健康的危害。
eg. I was aware of a certain constraint on their part when they were in my presence.
我觉察到我在时他们有些拘束。
3. Are you serious?
常用口语,表示“你是当真的吗?”“你说真的吗”“你是认真的吗”;
eg. Are you serious? You haven't even been anywhere on vacation?
没开玩笑吧?你休假时哪儿也没去过吗?
eg. Are you serious or joking?
你是认真的还是开玩笑?
4. edit out
删除,删节;
eg. His voice will be edited out of the final film.
电影的最终版本会剪掉他的声音。
eg. She edited that line out again.
她再次删掉了那句台词。
5. by any means
无论如何;以任何手段;
eg. He insisted that all of us should be there on time by any means.
他坚持要我们大家想尽办法按时去那儿。
eg. By any means,we should tell him frankly what we think of his proposal.
无论如何,我们应该直率地告诉他我们对他建议的看法。