(单词翻译:单击)
Anyone with the gumption to be up before dawn will tell you that when those first rays of light come over the horizon after a clear night, it gets warmer, and...
任何有进取心并且早破晓前起床的人都会告诉你,当在晴朗的夜晚后第一缕阳光越过地平线,气温就会回暖,而且…
Don?
唐?
Uh, Yael. I'm trying to do a radio program here.
嗯,雅艾尔 。我想在这里听听广播节目 。
Yes, but when the sun first rises it doesn't get warmer right away.
可以,但当太阳刚升起的时候气温不会立刻变暖 。
I-it doesn't.
不是这样的 。
No, it actually feels colder.
实际上会感觉更冷 。
In fact, barring any storm fronts, the coldest time of day is sometime just after dawn.
事实上,除了任何风暴以外,一天中最冷的时间恰巧是黎明的某个时段 。
It is?
真的吗?
See, the sun is kind of like a microwave and the ground is kind of like a frozen TV dinner.
你看,太阳就像是微波炉,而地面有点像冰冻的电视晚餐 。
Okay. I like dinner. Go on.
好吧 。我喜欢晚餐 。你继续说 。
The earth absorbs some heat from the atmosphere during the night.
地面在夜间吸收大气中的热量 。
Sort of like putting your dinner out to thaw, but during the day, the sun acts like a microwave and quickly heats up the ground.
就像是把晚餐解冻一样,但在白天,太阳就像微波炉并且使地面快速升温 。
Once the sun sets, the ground cools off by radiating heat out to the atmosphere and some escapes into space.
一旦日落,地面会通过散发热量到大气中进行冷却并且有一些会逃进宇宙空间 。
Just as when the microwave stops, your dinner starts to cool down.
就像微波炉停止加热一样,晚餐开始冷却 。
That makes sense.
有道理 。
译文来自可可英语