(单词翻译:单击)
Every day I'll double the amount made the day before.
就这样每天我都给你前一天的2倍 。
At the end of one month you're out of a job. What do you say?
直到月末你的工作结束 。你觉得如何?
Do you take the offer?
你接受这个提议吗?
No, of course not. Who would work for pennies?
不,我拒绝 。谁会在乎这几分钱?
That's a shame, because you're not realizing how numbers work.
太遗憾了,因为你没有意识到这些数字是如何积累的 。
When a number continually doubles itself we say it is "increasing geometrically."
当一个数字本身不断翻倍,我们通常说其以几何数字增长 。
That means the larger the number becomes, the faster it rises with each additional day.
这意味着数字越大,每一天的额外增长就越快 。
How much would you guess you would earn just on the last day of the month?
你猜在月底最后一天你会赚多少钱?
Um...ten bucks?
这个…十块钱?
Over ten million dollars!
超过一千万美元!
Ten million dollars? Starting from a penny!?!
你说一千万美元?从一分钱开始?
That's geometric increase.
几何增长嘛 。
Hmmm...do I get health insurance too?
那个…是不是也能给我上健康保险啊?
译文来自可可英语