(单词翻译:单击)
One of the really interesting things about the nicotine in cigarettes is that it works in two ways.
香烟中尼古丁的其中一个非常有趣的特质是,它以两种完全不同的方式工作 。
When you take a long drag, it acts as a tranquilizer, but when you inhale in short puffs, it acts as a stimulant.
如果你长期吸烟,那么它会起到镇定剂的作用,但如果你只吸几口,它只会成为兴奋剂 。
And one of the side-effects of stimulants is that they suppress the appetite.
而兴奋剂的其中一个副作用则是抑制食欲 。
Okay, so what is your point?
好了,你想说什么?
I'm just trying to sympathize with you by agreeing that the relationship between smoking and weight is tricky.
我只是有些同情你,我觉得吸烟和体重之间的关系是个骗局 。
One of the most successful ad campaigns for cigarettes encouraged women to smoke instead of eat.
其中一个最成功的香烟广告活动就是鼓励女士们用吸烟代替吃饭 。
And the fact is that cigarette smokers do weigh less on average than nonsmokers.
实际上,吸烟者通常的确比不抽烟的人体重要轻 。
Research shows that quitting smoking can make you gain between five and twelve pounds.
调查发现,戒烟会导致体重增加五到十二磅 。
Tell me about it.
洗耳恭听 。
But there are things you can do, you know?
但是你还可以做这些事情,你知道吗?
译文为可可英语翻译,未经授权请勿转载!