(单词翻译:单击)
Time once again for What You Didn't Know.
欢迎来到《那么你不了解的事情》环节 。
This is where we read a well-known science fact and then surprise you with the follow-up. Ready?
今天要讲的科学事实可能家喻户晓,而稍后的节目可能会让你意外 。准备好了吗?
Yep.
没错 。
Heart disease is a leading cause of death.
心脏病是造成人们死亡的主要原因 。
Hey, it turns out the sky is blue.
嘿,原来天空是蓝色的 。
Everybody knows heart disease is bad news for all those overweight guys in suits.
想必大家都知道,心脏病对于那些西装革履的超重人群来说,是个晴天霹雳般的消息 。
. . . for women.
这是对于女性而言 。
Whoops! Did you say heart disease is a leading cause of death for women?
哎呦!你的意思是心脏病是导致女性死亡的主要原因?
More than that: it's not only a leading cause of death, it's the leading cause of death.
不只如此,它不仅是死亡的主要原因,而且就是死亡的主要原因 。
Women over fifty are more likely to die of heart attacks than anything else.
50岁以上的女性更有可能死于心脏病发作 。
But I thought heart attacks were a guy thing.
但我还以为心脏病是男人的事情 。
You and almost everyone else.
你和几乎其他所有人一样 。
A recent American Heart Association poll asked what the leading cause of death in women overfifty was.
美国心脏协会最近的一项民意调查问及50岁以上妇女死亡的主要原因 。
译文来自可可英语