(单词翻译:单击)
Yael, I've been thinking lately that maybe I should go into stand-up comedy.
雅艾尔,最近我一直在思考,或许我应该去演个喜剧脱口秀 。
What on earth gave you that idea?
为什么突然冒出这种想法?
I've noticed that I seem to make a lot of people laugh, especially women.
我发现,我似乎可以让很多人开心起来,尤其是女性 。
Sometimes all I have to say is "Hello." It's rather remarkable.
有时我只是单纯地问好 。就有立竿见影的效果 。
Actually, it's rather ordinary.
事实上,这没什么好显摆的 。
Laughter research has found that only a small percentage of laughter, less than 20%, is a sincere response to someone's humor.
针对笑的研究已经发现,只有不到20%的很小一部分的笑,是对别人幽默真诚的回应 。
In fact, laughter is primarily a social signal, as opposed to an emotional outburst.
事实上,笑主要是一种社会信号,而不是一种情绪的表达 。
People are thirty times more likely to laugh in a social situation than when they are alone.
人们在社交场合时的笑是独处时的30倍 。
And other observations about laughter also imply it has a social function.
而另一项关于笑的研究也表明其有一种社会功能 。
For instance, there's "polite" laughter.
例如,“礼貌”性笑声 。
译文来自可可英语