(单词翻译:单击)
Dear Annie:
亲爱的安妮:
Ever since I asked my sister, "Vera," to drive me to an upcoming surgery appointment,
自从我要求我姐姐“维拉”开车载我来到即将到来的手术预约后,
she's been pestering me for access to my doctor so she can question him about my health and stop him from doing the surgery.
她就一直缠着我找我的医生,这样她就可以问他关于我的健康状况并且阻止他做手术 。
I told Vera that my doctor refuses to talk to her.
我告诉维拉我的医生拒绝同她讲话 。
She doesn't believe me, but it's the truth.
她不相信我,但这是事实 。
He can't talk to anyone about my medical status.
他不能对任何人说出我的医疗状况 。
Now she won't speak to me.
现在她都不跟我说话了 。
I have begged her to forgive me, but haven't heard a word either by phone or e-mail.
我恳求她原谅我,但通过电话或电子邮件没有听到过只言片语 。
She means a lot to me.
她对我意味着很多 。
I need her in my life, and I've told her that several times.
我的生命中需要她,我已经好几次这样告诉过她 。
Please advise. Bereft Sister.
请给出你们的建议 。贝拉福特 。
Dear Sister:
亲爱的贝拉福特:
It sounds as if Vera has been bossing you around for a long time and doesn't like being denied the opportunity to keep doing it.
听起来好像维拉很长时间以来一直指挥你并且不喜欢被拒绝继续这样做的机会 。
If you want Vera to consult your doctor, you can give him permission to discuss your status with her.
如果你希望维拉咨询一下你的医生,你可以允许他和她讨论你的医疗状况 。
If you think her concern is intrusive, say nothing more.
如果你认为她的担忧是侵入性的,就什么也别说 。
We suspect Vera will eventually come around, although she wants to punish you a bit first.
虽然她首先想着怎样教训你,但我们怀疑维拉最终会过来的 。