(单词翻译:单击)
These dark flies are driving me badly!
这些飞来飞去的黑苍蝇快把我逼疯了!
I wish I couldstrangle each of every one of them!
我真想把他们全部勒死!
I'm sorry to say, but that's impossible.
很遗憾,你办不到!
I realize that. I don't mean that I have to strangle all ofthem.
我知道,要全部都勒死不容易,
Really, I did happy if I could strangle even just one ortwo of them.
不过,哪怕勒死那么一两只也好啊!
Impossible!
你还是办不到!
I'm sure. I can just manage to just strangle one if I had some dental flosses or something.
我保证如果有类似牙线的东西,我肯定能勒死一只苍蝇 。
I'm sure you couldn't because insects breathe quite differently from us.
我打赌你做不到 。因为昆虫呼吸可不像我们人类的 。昆虫既没有肺似的中心区域,可以容纳空气;
They don't have acentral area like our lungs where they gather oxygen; nor a transport system like our heart, andthe blood used to deliver oxygen to all of our cells.
也没有像心脏似的运输系统,可以通过血液循环,给身体所有细胞供氧 。
Nope. Flies, like all insects, breathe through many tiny openings called spiracles.
苍蝇,和所有昆虫一样,通过无数微小的气门来进行呼吸 。
These openingsare part of tubes called trachea.
气门是气管的部分 。
Each tube leads to a fluid-filled tracheole, where theoxygendissolves and then diffuses across the wall of the tracheole and into several of theinsect's cells.
气管又分支成许多微气管,微气管里充满液体,吸入的氧气溶解于其中,穿透气管管壁扩散到昆虫的无数细胞中 。
So there is no central breathing area to block off so that you might strangle a fly.
所以, 你没方法让苍蝇窒息 。
However, if you wanted to drown a fly, that's another story.
但是,如果你想让苍蝇淹死,又是另外回事了 。
The spiracles of most insects canclose to keep things like dust out.
大多数昆虫紧密气门,防止灰尘进入 。
Therefore, they can hold their breath, so to speak.
这样,它们不得不屏住呼吸,
But if aninsect is trapped in water for too long, it will run out of oxygen and eventually drown.
但是如果在水里太长时间,它们会因为缺氧而溺死 。
Now, I just have to figure out how to lure them all into some water.
那么,现在我只要想法子让苍蝇掉进水里就可以啦!