(单词翻译:单击)
Dear Annie:
亲爱的Annie:
I've been dating "Josh" for just over a month.
我和Josh已经约会一个多月了
。We were instant friends and started off our romance slowly.
我们一下子就成了朋友,慢慢地就开始暧昧
。He lives two hours away and sees me on weekends.
他住的地方离我这儿大概要两个小时,而他每周都会来看我
。This past weekend, Josh told me he is falling in love and wants me to move in with him.
就在上周,Josh告诉我,他爱上我了,想让我搬去和他住
。Here's the problem.
问题就出在这儿了
。Last night, he said that although he loves me, he is so accustomed to being single that he isn't sure he'll be able to refuse if a woman tempts him.
昨晚,他说尽管他已经爱上我了,但他已经习惯了一个人,所以并不能确定如果有人来诱惑他,他能不能抵挡的住
。I was devastated.
我崩溃了
。I told him everyone has to fight temptation, but he has to think I'm worth it.
我告诉他每个人都必须抵制诱惑,但他要相信我是值得让他这么做的人
。I don't want to stay with a man who says he loves me, but could be with someone else whenever he gets the urge.
我不想和一个整天说爱我却抵制不住别人诱惑的人在一起
。Should I walk away before I am so far in that I can't leave?
在还没到不能离开他的时候我是不是应该选择离开?
I'm hurt, mad and surprised all at the same time. - Not Whimsical in Alabama
我既痛苦又疯狂又意外
。我不是在异想天开啊 。Dear Alabama:
亲爱的Alabama:
Josh is telling you in advance that he's going to cheat and he thinks he's giving you a plausible excuse to accept it.
Josh是在提前告诉你,他会欺骗你,而且他还为那个谎言做出了个合理的解释
。Tell him it's been fun, but you need a more stable, committed relationship than what he is offering.
告诉他你们在一起的时光很有趣,但你需要的是一个更稳定更充实的恋爱关系,而非他现在所提供的的这些
。And, by the way, moving in after a month of dating is not "taking it slowly."
对了顺便说一下,在一个月的约会之后就搬到一起绝不是“慢慢来”
。It's racing at light speed.
这是在以光速发展
。