(单词翻译:单击)
Sounds like you have a bad cold, Don.
听起来你像是患了重感冒,唐 。
Do you need some cough medicine?
需要些咳嗽药吗?
Nope.
不用 。
Tylenol?
泰诺呢?
No thanks.
不,谢谢 。
Don't you want anything to help you feel better?
你不想吃药来缓解一下症状吗?
I don't need help, Yael. All this sniffling, sneezing, and coughing are doing the work forme.
我不需要帮助,雅艾尔 。流鼻涕,打喷嚏和咳嗽都在帮我治疗 。
But doesn't that make you feel worse?
但是难道这样你不会觉得更难受吗?
There's more than one way to look at sneezing and coughing.
看待打喷嚏和咳嗽可不能只用一种方式 。
They can be symptoms, in which case your first reaction is to try to "cure" them with all sorts of pills and syrups.
它们可以是症状,在这种情况下,你的第一反应是用各种药片和药水进行治疗 。
Or, you can see them as the body's natural defense system.
而另外一方面,你可以将它们视作身体的自然防御系统 。
It's called Darwinian medicine.
它被称为达尔文医学 。
You mean like survival of the fittest?
就是说像适者生存之类的?
Not exactly.
也不完全是 。
Darwinian medicine tries to find evolutionary explanations for why we get sick.
达尔文医学试图从进化论角度解释我们为什么会生病 。
It also tries to figure out how and why we respond to sickness.
它也试图找出我们如何以及为什么应对疾病 。
译文来自可可英语