(单词翻译:单击)
Today's Moment of Science is about lightning bugs.
今天的科学一刻我们要讲的是关于萤火虫 。
Lightning bugs are cool because if you squish them you can make...oh, forget it!
萤火虫非常酷,因为如果你将它们压扁…哦,还是不说了!
What's the problem?
有什么问题吗?
I'm just tired of working for A Moment of Science.
我只是厌倦了今天科学一刻的工作 。
Do you know how hard it is to come up with another fascinating tidbit every day?
你知道每天想出一个吸引人的话题有多难么?
I'm going to find a new job.
我要另谋高就了 。
I've got a job for you.
我已经为你找到了一份工作 。
Oh yeah? Does it pay better than this one?
哦,是吗?待遇比现在还好吗?
I'll let you figure that out.
你听我细细道来 。
The job lasts for one month, and you only get one penny on the first day.
这份工作持续一个月, 上班第一天你只能得到1分钱 。
Hey! What kind of deal is that?
嘿!你这说的是啥霸王条款?
Hang on! On the second day I'll pay you twice what you made the first day. That's two pennies.
别急!第二天我会付给你第一天薪金的2倍 。也就是2分钱 。
Three cents altogether-now we're getting somewhere.
总共才3分钱,总算看到点希望了 。
On the third day I'll again pay you twice what you've made the day before.
第3天我会再次给你前一天的2倍 。
That's four more cents.
也就是4分钱 。
译文来自可可英语